Read the press release.
We’re excited about LiveCycle ES2. We really are. The new features and improvements to existing features make the product a joy to use. Remember using LiveCycle ES to make a form appear in Workspace ES? LiveCycle ES2 makes it easy:
- One variable type for all form-generated data.
- Default render and submit services are automatically configured.
- Prepare Data services can be created to prepopulate forms.
- New Form wizard adds all the required fields and configures submit buttons.
- Access to tasks using mobile devices.
I’m not exaggerating – I feel joy when I use LiveCycle ES2. Here are my favorite reasons:
- Applications provide a framework for developing and packaging solutions.
- You can create DDX files visually using Workbench ES2.
- Guides (the next implementation of Form Guides) have their own perspective in Workbench ES2
- Health Monitor enables you to ensure the LiveCycle ES2 server is running correctly, and helps troubleshoot problems.
- Wizards. Lots of wizards in Workbench ES2 make creating new assets easier and faster.
- Application modeling technology enables you to create a common data structure that integrates Flex applications, Guides, forms, and processes.
- You can easily assign tasks to multiple users simultaneously – useful for reviewing documents by committee.
I’ll stop there on advice from my editor (who doesn’t like long lists) but believe me I could go on. You can read the What’s New guide for more information.
To see all the great new product content that we’ve produced so far, see the Documentation tab on the LiveCycle Development Center. As usual, you can comment on the HTML pages of the product documentation.