The new Create a LiveCycle Data Services ES2 Application tutorial steps you through the development of a FlashBuilder application that uses Data Services ES2 and a back-end database to manage run-time data. Based on the Data Services Engineering Support Center Application sample, the tutorial focuses on the key features and development concepts that are critical for effectively developing Data Services ES2 applications:
- Setting up your development environment.
- Creating a data model that generates services for managing run-time data.
- Developing the client application using FlashBuilder:
- Extending the client-side service wrapper classes
- Binding mxml data components to service operations to display data
- Creating filters that perform custom database queries
- Customize and generate model-driven forms for interacting with data
- Customizing server behavior:
- Integrating Spring Security
- Customizing the Java assembler classes
- Overriding CRUD methods
- Deploying the application:
- Configuring Tomcat and the database
- Building the application using Ant
- Deploying the application to Tomcat
The Create a Data Services Application tutorial is designed with both beginner and intermediate Data Services developers in mind. The tutorial is organized in modules that together describe the end-to-end application development process, but also stand completely independent of each other:
- Beginners can complete each module of the tutorial to learn the end-to-end process for creating a Data Services application.
- Intermediate users can pick and choose which modules they want to complete. Each module focuses on a different stage of application development.