- Ankush Kumar, Lead Software Engineer @ Adobe
Many a times, we have the requirement to deploy single or group of system or custom DSCs. System DSCs are deployed by LiveCycle Configuration Manager. However, in the case of custom DSCs, we need to manually deploy the component through LiveCycle Workbench. Sometimes, launching Workbench for solely deploying component seems like too much effort. Moreover, it’s not very easy to automate.
You can use the attached sample tool to deploy a DSC using command-line.
- Download and extract the tool archive on your machine. It contains a folder libs, a runme.bat file, and an ImportDSC.jar file.
- Place <LiveCycle Installation Dir>\sdk\client-libs\thirdparty\*.jar files in libs folder.
- Place adobe-usermanager-client.jar and adobe-livecycle-client.jar files in libs folder.
- Modify runme.bat accordingly.
The ImportDSC.jar is used in the following way in the runme.bat file (provided classpath is set):
java com.adobe.livecycle.sample.ImportDSC appserver=<websphere|weblogic|jboss> serverhost=<name of machine> port=<port of LC> username=<user to install DSC> password=<password of mentioned user> dscpath=<absolute path till DSC> force=<true|false>
The source code is also included in the archive. Please review it in case of any doubt and modify as per your requirements.
DISCLAIMER: This sample code is not officially delivered or supported as part of Adobe LiveCycle product. One should verify this on a testing environment before employing in production environment.