by AWK

Comments (6)

Created

August 5, 2009

This post is subject to Adobe's Terms of Use.

There’s a new document to check out if you develop interactive forms using LiveCycle Designer, whether you do so in an environment where you simple save the forms to PDF in Designer or you make use of Adobe’s LiveCycle Forms ES product to produce your forms from the XDP XML file that LiveCycle creates. The new document is available at http://www.adobe.com/accessibility/products/livecycle/pdf/LiveCycle8_2AccessibilityGuidelines.pdf. Please let us know if you have comments, questions, or suggestions.

COMMENTS

• By AlastairC - 5:11 AM on August 6, 2009

I’ve had trouble with the suggested use of “Custom Text”. (NB: I’m generally working with a PDF from InDesign that I’m adding form elements to).
    I often get issues where the parent tag of the form element is given alt text, masking the form element.
    That causes form elements to become unusable in something like JAWs, and it is (correctly) identified as an issue by the Acrobat accessibility checker.
    I’ve been sticking to using Camel case for the form label and making ‘Name’ the precedent thing.
    Is there a better way?

• By AlastairC - 5:53 AM on August 6, 2009

Also, if you’re creating a radio button group and you try to use the captions rather than item values, (as recommended), Livecycle gives an error about there being items with identical values.
    Is that a problem?
    Following the advice on “using a specified item value”, I can’t double-click the Object > Field > item, it’s greyed out.
    Did you mean the Binding tab?

• By M - 6:36 AM on August 6, 2009

As far as I know, it is impossible to add link objects or audio/video content to the form with LC Designer so sections 2.5.6 and 2.12 in the document doesn’t give anything to the form developers using Designer. Hopefully someday it will be possible..

• By Zack - 6:33 AM on August 7, 2009

trying

• By Mike - 5:29 AM on August 8, 2009

This is extremely useful – thanks!

• By Jodi - 5:07 PM on January 26, 2010

I am having trouble with tabbing in my form that I created in LiveCycle Designer. I used automatic tabbing and when you go to the form in Adobe any of the tabs that are on the Master Page don’t work. I can’t tab through the master page at all. Also the tabbing is showing out of order but when I do tab through the form the order is correct. It is very strange.
    Thanks!