Adobe Reader for iOS Now on the Apple App Store
Today, Adobe Reader for iOS is available free on the Apple App Store. This new PDF reader makes it easier than ever to view and interact with any PDF file on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Now you can quickly and efficiently view the widest range of PDF file types – including PDF Portfolios, password-protected PDF documents and Adobe LiveCycle rights-managed PDF files.
Using Adobe Reader for iOS, you can open and view PDF files from email, on the Web or from any application that supports the “Open In” function. Through its highly intuitive user interface, Adobe Reader provides you with an efficient PDF viewing experience regardless of the device you’re using.
But that’s not all. You can also interact with PDF files in a number of ways including searching for specific text in the PDF or using bookmarks and page thumbnails to quickly navigate to different sections in the PDF file. And should you need a hard copy, you can also print the PDF wirelessly using iOS AirPrint.
Here’s a quick rundown of all you can do with Adobe Reader for iOS on your iOS devices.
View PDF files:
• Quickly open PDF files from e-mail, the Web or any application that supports “Open In…”
• View ePortfolio (PDF Portfolios), PDF Packages, annotations and drawing markups
• Read text annotations such as Sticky Notes
Access encrypted PDF files:
• Open and view password-protected PDF files
• Access files secured by Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management, which helps protect sensitive documents
• Supports the highest grade of PDF encryption, up to AES256
Interact with PDF files:
• Search text to find specific information
• Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF file
• Select single page or continuous scroll modes
• Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view
• Quickly navigate through large files using thumbnails
• Select and copy text from a PDF file to the clipboard
Print and Share files:
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint
• Share PDF files with other applications using “Open In…”
• Email PDF documents as attachments
And, we just released Adobe Reader 10.1 for Android, offering many of the same great features for fast, high-quality interaction with PDF files on your Android smartphones and tablets.
Anuj Gupta, Product Manager, Adobe Systems
What You Can Do with Adobe Reader 10.1 for iOS