Planning for the ultimate emerging-tech conference, South by Southwest Interactive (SXSWi) can be overwhelming – but it doesn’t need to be. We’ve sifted through the daunting schedule and highlighted five events you won’t want to miss this year at SXSWi. So download the official mobile app SXSW GO and start planning for the most intense, five-days of your year.
Friday, March 9, 2012
5:00 – 6:00 PM, Austin Convention Center, Ballroom BC
Software Alchemy and the Arc of Technology: An outspoken pioneer in the modern computing era, and best known as the “Father of Visual Basic” and inventor of “personas,” Cooper will share rare insights into the evolution of software and interaction design based on human goals and needs – and a new vision for meeting the personal and business needs of the upcoming era. In conversation with Tech Evangelist Robert Scoble, best known for his blog, Scobleizer. An insider vision of how the process of software and interaction design has unfolded over the last 25 years, and how lessons learned from that process can be applied to a compelling business case based not on traditional manufacturing but on a model of software design – bringing effectiveness over efficiency.
- Alan Cooper, President and Founder, Cooper
- Christie Dames, CEO & Co-founder, TechTalk/Studio
- Robert Scoble, Managing Director, Rackspace
Saturday, March 10, 2012
9:30 – 10:30 AM, Austin Convention Center, Ballroom A
The State of Browser Developer Tools: Your browser is the most important program on your computer and until recently there were no built-in, industrial-strength tools available for debugging web pages. As web apps become more sophisticated, so do the debugging environments. Representatives of the major browsers discuss the needs of the developer and we feel you will find it interesting!
- Brandon Satom, Developer Evangelist, Telerik
- Joe Stagner, Sr. Program Manager Developer Technologies, Mozilla Corporation
- Mike Taylor, Web Opener, Opera Software
- Paul Irish, Chrome Developer Advocate, Google Inc
Monday, March 12, 2012
12:30 – 1:30 PM, Sheraton Austin, Creekside I & II
Social Role-Playing: Brands and Publishers: Brands and publishers alike are now storytellers, seeking to retain consumers, attract new ones and encourage a deeper relationship. Both groups need to create and optimize content, and better yet, deliver a seamless consumer experience with consistent, integrated advertising. Join Adobe’s David Karnstedt and representatives from Facebook, Fast Company and Expedia as these experts discuss how to capitalize on social marketing opportunities.
- EB Boyd, Silicon Valley Reporter, Fast Company
- Halle Hutchison, Sr. Director of Brand Marketing, Expedia.com
- Justin Merickel, VP of Marketing, Efficient Frontier
- Kevin Barenblat, CEO & Co-founder, Context Optional
- Sarah Smith, Director of Online Operations, Facebook
Monday, March 12
12:30 – 1:30 PM, Startup Village
Who Wants to be a Billionaire?: Startup America Live! Is hosting startup focused panels, mixers and games at Startup Village during March 9-13. Our pick of the weekend is Ramon Ray’s session: Who Wants to be a Billionaire.
Monday, March 12, 2012
9:30 AM – 8:00 PM, Radisson Town Lake Ballroom
Adobe is redefining the extraordinary in web design and mobile development. Join our day long Creative Camp Event where our evangelists will have back to back workshops and demos.
- 9:30 am The Future of HTML5 Motion Design
- 11:00 am Boost your Mobile Workflow with Adobe’s Newest Product
- 12:30 pm “The Page is Dead,” Responding to the Responsive Web
- 2:00 pm SXSW keynote: Expanding Our Intelligence Without Limit
- 3:30 pm Demystifying Devices: Understanding the Future of the Web and Apps
- 5:00 pm Building online businesses with Adobe Business Catalyst and Dreamweaver CS5.5
- 6:00 pm After Hours party with Adobe Evangelists