March 12, 2014
Project preparation is noticeably faster at Japan’s Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm, Inc. Standardizing on Adobe Acrobat for PDF creation accelerates projects with simplified full-text search and multi-language OCR support, simplifies editing proposals and other documents, and enables more secure, reliable PDF sharing with clients.
“We improved the speed of gathering and preparing information for project materials by 50%,” says Ryuya Kodani, chief staff of the corporate planning & general affairs department, Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm, Inc. “By reducing the labor involved with developing project materials, staff can spend more time concentrating on designs, which leads to better proposals for clients and improved customer service.”
Case study: www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/customer-success/pdfs/ishimoto-case-study.pdf
February 6, 2014
It’s time to celebrate the Olympics with the anticipated kick-off of the 2014 games in Sochi. While only the most dedicated athletes are rewarded with the opportunity to go for the gold, silver and bronze medals, we at Adobe have been gathering some tips and tricks to help you achieve something much more attainable – going green. After all, a few simple changes within the office will save money and time, foster organization, and most importantly leave a better impact on the environment so generations to come can enjoy the outdoor games. Without further ado, we give you the 2014 line-up on how to “go-green” with Adobe Acrobat.
- Sign documents anywhere, anytime and – most importantly – online- Send a document, get it signed, and track and file the form in minutes instead of days or even weeks. In addition to saving time, you’ll be saving trees when recipients sign electronically.
- Email your PDF file using Gmail or Yahoo- Yeah, yeah, email is green – we know. But Acrobat makes it super easy being green. Just hook your webmail program up to Acrobat for simple message attachments.
- Take your PDF file with you on the go- No need to print multiple copies for clients or for yourself to view on the plane. With 6 billion mobile subscribers worldwide, more and more people are reading PDF files on their mobile devices than ever with the Adobe Reader mobile app.
- Make your PDF files available online- Convert a PDF into an editable HTML file that maintains images, tables, hyperlinks, and table of contents. You’ll be able to share and have access to your PDF whenever you’re connected to the web!
- Share your PDF files on social media- No more flyers and printouts! Whether you’re social media savvy or just getting started, this tutorial teaches you how to create an interactive button in your PDF, making it easier for readers to retweet your work on Twitter.
No matter who takes home the medals these next exciting couple of weeks, everyone wins when the right steps are taken to be more environmentally conscious. If you’re interested in learning more on how Acrobat XI can help your office “go green” by keeping your workflows paper-free, please visit the Acrobat User Community for tips.
December 3, 2013
The underwater engineers at Subsea 7 have thrown excess software costs overboard by bundling their Adobe software solutions into an enterprise license agreement. A recent merger revealed that Subsea 7’s offices around the world deployed software such as Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign inconsistently.
“Working with Adobe to build an enterprise agreement has helped us better understand our Adobe software assets, and has consolidated and simplified purchasing and deploying Adobe software,” says Rachael Coull, Subsea 7, information technology compliance director.
The total cost of ownership for Adobe solutions dropped 28%, and deployment and maintenance have been improved.
For more information on how Subsea 7 has benefited from using Adobe products please visit the case study here.
December 2, 2013
Adobe EchoSign is the easiest way to get business documents signed digitally to eliminate the hassle of printing, signing, faxing and filing. Using Adobe EchoSign is as simple as attaching a document to an email and sending! It allows for real-time tracking of the document with features that track whether it has been received, opened and signed, as well as any edits made. The Adobe EchoSign system automatically files your documents so that you have access whenever they are needed. We can’t forget to mention you can do this from virtually any device such Android or iOS mobile devices, allowing you the flexibility and freedom to get contracts signed and business done anywhere, anytime.
Electronic signatures are more secure – and get the job done faster and cheaper – than paper-based signatures. Other key features such as integration ability with Salesforce, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Sharepoint and more make Adobe EchoSign the number one electronic signature solution you can trust.
If you want to learn more about this can help your business grow, join Adobe EchoSign for their free webinar on December 4th from 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. PST. The webinar will show you how e-Signatures from Adobe EchoSign helped Adobe Global Procurement put an end to the constant paper chase. In addition, you’ll learn to:
- Send, track, and get contracts signed using a simple electronic signature solution.
- Cut contract execution time to save resources and reduce delays.
- Easily access, track, and manage contracts throughout the entire signing process.
Client GT Law Solicitors said, “Adobe EchoSign aligned perfectly with our business. Since moving to a web-based contracting system, we’ve seen faster return rates and reduced costs, which makes a positive impact on our profit.” From document preparation, to sending, to signing, tracking and filing, EchoSign offers robust, easy-to-use online signature features that work for you!
To learn more information about Adobe EchoSign visit their webpage. To register for the webinar today click here.
November 27, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving, all you turkeys! We hope you’re all ready for tomorrow; we bet all the pies have already been made, and the turkey is basting, and… oh, who are we kidding? We bet you’re all still at work, trying to finish up those last few lingering tasks before heading out the door (and we know that because that’s what we’re doing, too) – but your mother has already called three times today just to “check in”, your sister-in-law is asking you to please leave the dog at home this year, and Aunt Mildred wants you to bring your famous chutney. Forget the chutney, we’ve got to get these document reviews done today!
Luckily, we’ve got Acrobat XI on our team. As long as we’re going to be feeling grateful this week, we thought it would be a good time to make a list of some of the things in Acrobat XI for which we feel grateful every day; each of the items on this list links to a tutorial, so feel free to click around to learn how to save time. We think you’ll feel pretty grateful yourself when you get to Aunt Mildred’s house with your famous chutney – on time for once.
- Create a portfolio to show off your personal and professional digital work
- Design a self-signed ID or digital signature and explore all your digital ID options.
- Break a PDF into parts or separate files
- Build a button that creates a new page
- Add text markups to any PDF file
- Send PDFs to others directly within Acrobat using Webmail
- Combine PDF files in a portfolio
- Insert pages into a PDF
- Add attachments to a FormsCentral Form
- Use online collaboration with forms or surveys
- Protect PDF files using the Protection Panel
For more tips, tutorials and how-to’s please visit the Acrobat User Community Website.
October 23, 2013
The Acrobat XI Family is a simple and powerful tool for you and more importantly, for your users. You need advanced security, lower costs, and easier management. Your users need a way to do more with PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat XI makes it all possible. By purchasing Acrobat XI, you get fewer program updates, improved Microsoft integration and guaranteed support coverage.
Until December 27, 2013, you can save money by purchasing six Acrobat XI licenses for the price of five of either Pro or Standard through the Adobe Transactional Licensing Program.
For more details on this promotion, contact your participating Adobe authorized reseller to learn more about how you can take advantage of this limited‐time offer.
*Limit two six‐license purchase per company