Top 10 Reasons To Use PDF Instead of Word, Excel or PowerPoint
Working with PDF formats allows professionals to edit, share, collaborate and ensure the security of the content within digital documents. Now, the PDF can do that much more. Here is the top 10 hit list of why it is the best format.
1) PDFs are Universal. Editing documents in Word can be easy and useful, but if you save a Word document on a Mac, it may not visually transfer properly to a PC; whereas PDFs are viewable on any device.
2) Trusted Security. Even legal professionals trust PDFs as their preferred file format. According to Legalscans.com, for an electronic document to be admissible in a court of law, it must be created in a file format that cannot be altered without leaving an electronic footprint. PDFs satisfy that need.
4) Decreases File Size. Professionals can convert any file into a PDF without sacrificing quality. You can even merge multiple documents, such as spreadsheets, photos, and presentations, into a single PDF file.
5) Reading is Free. Most PDF Readers, including Adobe Reader, are free to the public. This ensures that anyone you send the file to will be able to see the full version of your document.
6) Interactive Documents. To create a fully interactive experience, the latest version of Adobe Acrobat allows you to add hyperlinks, rich media, music, movies, and many other advanced features to your PDF.
7) Mobile Access. Adobe Reader is available on any device, so people can read your PDF files anywhere they want, while still accessing a lot of the same functionality they would get on a desktop.
8) Completely Searchable. Users can easily find what they are looking for through a quick search. PDF documents can even be organized with a table of contents that link all sections to the appropriate pages in the file.
9) Password Protection. Many industries deal in sensitive material or intellectual copyrights that need an even higher level of security. The password protection option allows both recipients and those receiving the file to know that their information is secure.
10) Document Analytics. Recipients can also view who has access to the information. If the password is breached, the appropriate actions can easily be taken.
Bonus) Collaborating with Teams. Colleagues can markup and comment on documents, leaving you in control of editing the original, even if they only have Adobe Reader.
We know there are many more reasons why you use PDFs, so let us know your number one reason for using PDFs in the comments below.
Top searches for Acrobat
- Work smarter with Acrobat XI Pro
- PDF converter
- PDF creator
- PDF file editor
- PDF to Word converter
- Merge PDF files
- Word to PDF converter
- Electronic signatures
- PDF to Excel converter
Top searches for IT