Top 5 Tech Blogs for IT Professionals
Look, it’s time we were honest with each other: we know we’re not your only blog. We know you’ve got plenty of other feeds popping up in your RSS reader of choice (which, by the way, can’t be Google Reader anymore – what are you all using instead?). Today, in the interest of full disclosure, we thought we’d share a few of the online resources we look at when we open up our laptops first thing in the morning. Check out our top 5 sites for techy news, reviews, and events:
- ZDNet- This blog is one of the best resources for IT professionals to find information about products, trends, optimization tips and more. ZDNet has editions for 13 different geographic regions, providing you with important news from around the world, as well as local information most relevant to you.
- Tech Republic- This website is not just a single blog; the blogging section covers a wide scope of topics including everything from a Tech Sanity Check to CIO Insights. Definitely worth a look!
- The Next Web- A leading publication on internet technology, business and culture. Their conference information alone is enough of a reason to check them out. Every two weeks they update the site with a list with all of the best conferences from around the world.
- CIO- Here’s another site that hosts multiple blogs; beyond that, they’ve also got a section for whitepapers, a job board, and plenty of extensive research and analysis.
- CNET- This is one of the top places to get extensive product reviews and the latest tech news. Should you buy that gadget now, or wait for the new one? Odds are you’ll find an answer here.
We could go on and on about all the useful resources online for IT and tech news, but we’d rather hear from you: help us finish this list with your own favorite go-to sites. Let us know in the comments section which blogs and publications you read for up-to-date information that helps you stay ahead of the curve. We promise not to be jealous.