Every so often I will hear from a bio-pharma customer who will tell me something similar to this:
We can’t move to a newer version of Acrobat because we have to make PDF 1.4 files for agency submissions.
Put succinctly— that just isn’t true.
Acrobat XI (and previous versions) can easily save back to previous versions.
In fact, you can set Acrobat to create files in the version you want all the time, by adjusting a few simple settings.
I’ve previously written about two related topics:
- How to Change PDF Versions for Agency Compliance
- How to create a PDF Settings file for Acrobat Font Embedding for Agency Submissions
In this article, I will discuss how to:
- Saving and Loading PDF Settings
- Save out an older PDF setting to move to a new system
- Load a PDF setting into Acrobat
- Setting the default PDF Setting for:
- PDF Print Driver
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Creating PDF from the desktop, in batch or when combining documents
- Tips for Setting Defaults when deploying Acrobat
Read on to learn more.