The Acrobat Family just got a little bigger today with the announcement of a new mobile version of the popular communication tool; Acrobat Connect Pro. Many schools and universities already use Connect Pro for online meetings and virtual classrooms to bring eLearning to any desktop. With the release of the new mobile version, users of the iPhone and iPod touch now have access to their virtual classroom from anywhere.
Mobile users will be able to view presentations, PDF documents, videos, and screen sharing provided by the meeting organizer. They can rotate, pan, and zoom to choose the ‘best view’ of shared content. In addition users can:
- Attend Connect Pro Meetings with integrated conference call or Voice over IP audio.
- If your meeting host is using integrated conferencing, you can let the meeting call you, and avoid entering cumbersome dialing codes.
- See who has joined the meeting, and their role (host, presenter, or attendee)
- View web camera broadcasts from unlimited live camera feeds provided in the meeting
- Participate in chat conversations throughout the meeting.
- Join meetings attended by users on virtually any computer system: Mac, Windows, Linux, and Solaris. Plus other mobile attendees on iPhone and iPod touch.
This is a great way to communicate and collaborate with students and colleagues. Al that is needed is a meeting room address. Below are some snapshots of the Connect Pro Interface..
First previewed at MAX 2009, Connect Pro Mobile version 1.0 is now available for FREE on iTunes. Just go to http://itunes.com/apps/AdobeAcrobatConnectProMobile to download it now.
Connect Pro Mobile was built using a pre-release of the next version of Adobe Flash Pro and was published as a native iPhone application. This is first publicly available Adobe-authored application that uses the Packager for iPhone technology. Because Connect Pro Mobile was created using Flash, Adobe will also be able to use the same code to deliver this application on other mobile devices when AIR for mobile devices becomes available. We anticipate iPad users will be able to take advantage of Connect Pro Mobile as well. For more information on iPad applications with Flash, go to http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplatform/2010/01/building_ipad_apps.html
To learn more about this application, please view the Connect Pro Mobile overview video.
Connect Pro Mobile lets you join meetings run by anyone with an Acrobat Connect Pro account. If you want to try hosting meetings for others to join on their iPhone or iPod touch, sign up for a FREE 30 DAY TRIAL here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatconnectpro/trial/