Adobe’s new cloud-based eSignature Service was announced recently as a convenient way to get verifiable digital signatures on PDF documents quickly, securely, and conveniently. This service is based on our LiveCycle server-side technology that supports digital signatures and workflows.
The Service is easy to set up and use. All you need is a free Adobe ID. If you already have one or an Acrobat.com account, you are ready to use the service.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign in at http:/esign.adobe.com
- Upload you PDF document to be signed(100MB max)
- Specify the email addresses of the others that need to sign the document
- Select a due date
- Enter a message in the email dialog box
- Sign the document. Recipients are notified that the document is ready for signature. Each party is able to review the document on the website and then can click to sign.
All parties will be notified when the document has been fully executed and can download a certified copy to archive. This new service has great potential for improving efficiencies and providing certified documents for a wide number of Education-specific requirements.