The wait is over. Acrobat X is available now. You can begin right away to be more innovative, to create and share higher quality, dynamic content, and drive tighter collaboration and productivity across your institution. And you won’t be alone. Already customers in a variety of businesses are extolling the power of Acrobat X and how it’s helping them get more done.
Try out the new powerful new Acrobat X features like guided Actions, which simplify multi-step document preparation and publishing processes. Save PDF files as Microsoft Word documents. Create amazing content using the completely new customization capabilities in PDF Portfolios to unify multiple file types into compelling presentations. And now that collaboration has been enhanced further with Microsoft SharePoint integration, institutions can be sure of the consistency of their PDF documents across their businesses. And the new, intuitive user interface is making Acrobat X a tool for everyone.
I will be presenting an eSeminar on November 4 at 10 AM PT (1PM ET) that will highlight the new features that make Acrobat Pro X invaluable in educational settings. Whether you are in K-12 or Higher Education, the new streamlined interface and amazing new features will improve the way you teach, collaborate, share, and present. The new PDF portfolio environment in Acrobat X Pro makes integrating rich media and web content as well as posting ePortfolio collections as websites a snap. Acrobat X Pro has features that will save you, your institution, and your students time, money, and resources while improving workflows and building essential 21st century skills. You never knew Acrobat could do so much. Come see what it can do for you!
Sign up here!
The New Acrobat X is finally here!
What can it do for education? Here is a quick list of new and improved features:
New user interface
- The Interface tool pane brings top user needs out front
- Customizable Tool Bar
- Tools Pane reveals most useful tools to improve productivity
- Tools and Tasks are easier to access
- HUD display provides more real estate for viewing
Amazing document repurposing
- New export options allow for Word and Excel options including headers, footers, and worksheets
- New scanning engine improves accuracy and file size
- Efficient tagging and reflow ensure viewing and access on a variety of screens
A more versatile collaboration environment
- Commenting tools are in a convenient location in UI
- Markup extends to video and 3D in composite PDFs
- Reader X users can use sticky notes and highlight tools
- SharePoint is fully supported so PDFs can be checked in and out as well as part of an Acrobat workflow.
The next generation of PDF Portfolios
- New Portfolio environment built on Flex 4
- New Support for Accessibility and MSAA compliant devices.
- Easy to customize AX for user – background image, themes, header
- Developers can create new layouts with plug-in for Flash Builder
- Creatives can create new visual themes with Illustrator templates and Flash Pro
- Allow addition of Web content including Embed Code for video to be viewed directly in Portfolio
- Save PDF Portfolios as websites and placed on web for preview in browser before deciding to download.
- Perfect compliment to LMS/CMS systems
- Each PDF’s page can be previewed without opening actual document. When document is opened from portfolio, it is fully dynamic.
Guided Actions – Guided Actions are scriptable batch processes that can easily be made and shared so that groups of users can benefit from improved compliance and best practices
- Great for group efficiency
- Supports Java Script
- Great to ensure best practices across the institution
Enterprise deployment for Windows and Macintosh environments.
- Windows deployment is made easier with an improved customization wizard
- Macintosh clients can now be deployed using the popular Remote Desktop application.
In the coming weeks check back for more previews including tips, tricks, and tutorials!
Also be sure to visit www.AcrobatUsers.com for the latest links to everything Acrobat.
Wednesday August 18 at 1PM ET, I will be presenting a special Webinar on using Acrobat in education at AcrobatUsers.com.
If you’re a student, educator, researcher or school administrator, discover the many ways you can use Acrobat workflows in the world of education. Find out how you can benefit from Adobe PDF workflows that simplify the creation of everything from project submissions, course packs and presentations to dissertations and portfolios. You can sign up for this Here
The Acrobat Family just got a little bigger today with the announcement of a new mobile version of the popular communication tool; Acrobat Connect Pro. Many schools and universities already use Connect Pro for online meetings and virtual classrooms to bring eLearning to any desktop. With the release of the new mobile version, users of the iPhone and iPod touch now have access to their virtual classroom from anywhere.