The Adobe Developer Connection (ADC) Write and Give Program gave $6000 USD to charities in the second quarter of 2008. The program acknowledges the writing efforts of our ADC community authors by giving US$100 to a charity for each author’s published article on ADC. Each author chooses his or her charity from a list of five preselected charities (listed below). In 2008, our goal is to give between $24,000-$32,000 to the following charities in recognition of the ADC authors. To our ADC authors, thank you for sharing your technical expertise with the greater developer community and helping other communities as well!
Read on to find out how much we gave in Q2 2008, and to see the list of authors for this quarter!
When there are less than the fully alloted authors in a given quarter, the ADC splits the remainder of the money between the charities. All donations are made at the end of the quarter.
- Benetech: Creates new technology solutions that serve humanity and empower people to improve their lives. Amount given: $1080
- Nature Conservancy: Works around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. Amount given: $1680
- Mercy Corp: Alleviates suffering, poverty, and oppression by helping people build secure, productive, and just communities. Amount given: $1080
- Care: Fights global poverty by serving individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world. Amount given: $1080
- America’s Second Harvest Network: Is the nation’s largest charitable hunger-relief organization. Amount given: $1080