The Adobe Developer Connection (ADC) Write and Give Program gave $3,500 USD to charities in the fourth quarter of 2009. The program acknowledges the writing efforts of our ADC community authors by giving US$100 to a charity for each author’s published article on the ADC. Each author chooses his or her charity from a list of five preselected charities (listed below).
To date the ADC has donated over $40,000 to these charities in recognition of our ADC authors. To our ADC authors, we thank you for sharing your technical expertise with the greater developer community while helping other communities at the same time!
Read on to find out more about the charities that the program supports, and to see the list of authors for this quarter who made these contributions possible!
* Benetech: Creates new technology solutions that serve humanity and empower people to improve their lives.
* Nature Conservancy: Works around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
* Mercy Corp: Alleviates suffering, poverty, and oppression by helping people build secure, productive, and just communities.
* Care: Fights global poverty by serving individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world.
* Feeding America: Is the nation’s largest charitable hunger-relief organization.
The authors who participated in this program from September 1, 2009 – November 30, 2009 are:
- David Gassner
- Ryan Grabenstein
- Chris Converse
- Elad Elrom
- Bryan Patterson
- Jun Heider
- Dan Vega
- David Hogue
- Matthijs Collard
- R Blank
- Jeanette Stallons
- David Deraedt
- Tanya Heins
- Nicholas Kwiatkowski
Thank you, authors, for your contributions to the ADC!