We’re very happy today to announce the launch of the Flash Platform Game Technology Center on the Adobe Developer Connection web site!
If you’ve developed using any of Adobe’s products, you’ve probably visited the ADC web site before. It’s a great resource, full of articles, tutorials and code samples – most of which have been contributed by you, the developer community. While there have been articles posted that relate to game development, it was never one of the themes of the site.
With the launch of the Flash Platform Game Technology Center, we’re putting together a place to collect all the great resources for Flash game developers, both on the ADC web site as well as links to community sites around the Internet.
Some of the new content available:
- Danielle has written a Logged-In article that introduces the ADC GTC and talks a little about some of the features Adobe has brought to the Flash Platform recently that will be of interested to game developers.
- I’ve written the first part of an introductory series on building a simple four-in-a-row style puzzle game using Flex and the Cairngorm framework.
- Rodney Smith has written two articles getting you started on using 3D in ActionScript3 (part 1 | part 2).
- Mariam Dholkawala has written an article showing how to develop games for the Nokia S60 Touch devices.
- This month, our Get Inspired section highlights three (of the many, many) games we love: Scary Girl, Bunni: How We Met, and Closure. We hope the Get Inspired section provides you with a little inspiration to create your own, unique games using the Flash platform and plan on making it a regular feature.
There’s lots more content we have planned for down the road. We hope this section of the ADC web site grows into a valuable resource for the game development community. If you’ve got an idea for an article you’d like to contribute, please take a look at the ADC Author Guidelines page for more information.Share on Facebook