Amy Brooks, manager of Adobe Connect Event Services, provides the following guidelines for ensuring a successful presentation experience:
- Directly connect to the fastest internet connection available
- No wireless, no exceptions! Wireless connections frequently disconnect, so in order to ensure no interuptions, use a hard-wired connection.
- Shut down Email/IM and any programs NOT being used for the presentation.
- Shut down any VPNs.
- If using a telephone for audio, use a handset or quality headset, no speakerphone as it will cause voice fluctuations and background audio will be picked up during the recording.
- Have programs that you are screen sharing open to the appropriate window and ready to demonstrate – avoid launching and logging into programs.
- Turn off computer “sleep” especially if a re-log in is required.
- Optimize room bandwidth to DSL, regardless of your setting –
- In a Acrobat Connect Meeting, at the top of the screen click on MEETING/Optimize Room Bandwidth/DSL
- Room screen resolution recommendation = 1024 x768. Please note if you are using a very large screen, the optimum settings may be 800 x 600. It’s best to experiment prior to the actual meeting.
- In a Acrobat Connect Meeting, at the top of the screen click on MEETING/Room Screen Resolution/1024×768
- Optical Moderation – Avoid quickly moving cursor’s, polls, windows, anything viewable to participants. This could be a poor experience for some of your participants who may be on really slow connections and/or computers.
- Pre-load and rehearse your presentation! Make sure that all animations, videos, and screen shares are working as you anticipate PRIOR to your live meeting.
- Have FUN!! Remember, your audience is live and they will enjoy a lively and fun presentation.
Have other tips? Please provide comments so that we can share with other users.