By Arun Anantharaman, VP and GM, Adobe Connect
2010 was a fantastic year for Adobe Connect and our customers. Wanted to share with you some highlights:
- We announced and initiated the rollout of Adobe Connect 8—a major upgrade that has been well received, generating enthusiastic quotes. Among them:
- “To sum it up quickly, Adobe Connect 8 is easier to use, offers better collaboration, richer audio and video experiences, improved access and extensibility, and increased security and support.” Learning Solutions (5 stars)
- ”Boasting a completely redesigned user interface, Adobe Connect 8 should prove to be easier to use for both presenters and conference attendees.” GigaOm
- “Adobe introduces a variety of new features and capabilities in Adobe Connect 8 designed to make the entire online meeting process smoother and more intuitive.” PC World
- We also introduced Adobe Connect Mobile applications for the Android and Apple iOS platforms to help users extend reach and enhance their productivity.
- Our hosted minutes delivered increased from approximately 20 million minutes/month (in 2008) to over 140 million minutes/month (excludes on-premise deployments).
- We helped enable the collaboration and online training needs of major organizations in the public sector, including the Defense Information Systems Agency of the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. State Department (including streaming addresses by President Obama and other senior staff, such as Secretary of State Clinton), as well as major corporations and organizations, including SAP, Xerox, FranklinCovey, Memorial Hermann Hospital, MDC Partners, and others.
- Adobe was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the Gartner, Inc. 2010 “Magic Quadrant for Web Conferencing” research report.
- Adobe was recognized as a “Leader” in The Forrester Wave: Web Conferencing (.pdf), Q2 2010 report, which stated, “Adobe offers the best user experience.”
- Adobe Connect won both the Best Web Seminar and Best Virtual Classroom categories in the Best of Elearning! 2010 reader’s choice awards program.
We’re excited about these milestones and many others that point to the momentum for Adobe Connect. With the ongoing input of our customers (you!) who require the best and most of our technology, we look forward to continuing to provide you with the richest, most extensible, most flexible web conferencing solution on the market.
Here’s to a successful 2010—and an exciting 2011 ahead!