by Randah McKinnie
On the heels of my recent post about the latest version of our app for Android, I’m excited to introduce Adobe Connect Mobile for the new BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Adobe Connect Mobile 1.5 is one of a series of Adobe AIR applications coming to the BlackBerry PlayBook at launch and in the months that follow.
Similar to our latest app for Android, Adobe Connect Mobile for BlackBerry PlayBook gives the tablet user complete confidence to participate in mobile conferencing from anywhere. Tablet users will feel like full meeting participants, and can interact in many of the same ways as someone on a desktop system with the added benefit and convenience of a touch screen.
Some of the key, cool features of the web conferencing app include:
• Participate in multi-point video conferencing and add your own upstream video broadcast to the conversation.
• Adobe Connect Mobile for BlackBerry PlayBook supports the tablet’s rear- and forward-facing cameras. The app detects that the device has two cameras and provides the option to use one or the other, and also to switch cameras at any time while broadcasting.
Meeting Overview and Focus View Options
• In Meeting Overview, watch all the activities happening in the meeting at once.
• Tap or navigate to focus in on any one meeting activity like the slide presentation or screen share.
• Focus on an activity to enter your input in Chat, Private Chat, and Polls.
• While in Focus View, instant notifications help you stay current with off-screen activities that may need your attention, like new or private chat messages. Tap to focus on new activities directly from these notifications.
Check out this video to see me demo Adobe Connect Mobile for BlackBerry PlayBook, including several of the features I’ve described.
Adobe Connect Mobile 1.5 is available for download via BlackBerry App World. Adobe AIR 2.6 (or later) is required.
Remember that in addition to apps for BlackBerry PlayBook and Android we also have an Adobe Connect Mobile application for Apple iOS devices. You can find version 1.0.5 on iTunes Preview here. The app will be updated to version 1.5, so please stay tuned to us on this blog and Twitter.
We’re always interested to hear from you, so let us know your thoughts in comments, on Twitter @AdobeConnect, and on our mobile user forum.
Randah McKinnie, Principal Product Manager