Adobe Connect Mobile 1.5 for Apple iOS Now Available: Tablet Optimized, Two-way Video Conferencing
If you’ve been following us here and on Twitter, you know we’ve recently pushed out significant updates of our Adobe Connect Mobile web conferencing app for Android and the BlackBerry PlayBook. We’ve mentioned in the posts introducing them that a new version of our app for Apple iOS devices was coming, as well—and based on feedback we’ve received via our social channels, we know many of you have been waiting. With that in mind, we’re excited to announce Adobe Connect Mobile 1.5 for Apple iOS is now available!
This is the first version of the app to be optimized for iPad, something in particular we know has been anticipated. With this version, which also includes enhancements you’ll appreciate on the iPhone and iPod Touch, we’re providing users a far more complete mobile conferencing experience. With an entirely updated user interface, you’ll feel more like a full meeting participant and can interact in many of the same ways as someone on a desktop system, with the added benefit and convenience of a touch screen.
Some of the cool features of the app include:
- Participate in multi-point video conferencing and add your own upstream video broadcast to the conversation.
- Adobe Connect Mobile for iOS supports the rear- and forward-facing cameras of the iPad 2 and iPhone 4. The app detects that the device has two cameras and provides the option to use one or the other, and also to switch cameras at any time while broadcasting.
- In Meeting Overview, watch all the activities happening in the meeting at once.
- Tap or navigate to focus in on any one meeting activity like the slide presentation or screen share.
- Focus on an activity to enter your input in Chat, Private Chat, and Polls.
- While in Focus View, instant notifications help you stay current with off-screen activities that may need your attention, like new or private chat messages. Tap to focus on new activities directly from these notifications.
Check out this video to see the app in action, including several of the features I’ve described.
Adobe Connect Mobile 1.5 is now available for free download; check it out on iTunes Preview here. The app supports:
- iPhone 3GS with iOS 4 or higher*
- iPhone 4 with iOS 4 or higher*
- iPod Touch 3rd generation with iOS 4 or higher*
- iPad and iPad 2 with iOS 4 or higher*
(*Applies to later versions released as of the date of this posting)
Let us know what you think—in comments, on Twitter @AdobeConnect, and on our mobile user forum.
Randah McKinnie, Principal Product Manager