One of the greatest things about Adobe Connect is that the ‘rooms’ will last forever. It’s like building a physical room that you can use over and over again. The size of the room depends on your license – you can build smaller rooms for use as a virtual office or bigger rooms for conferences, webinars, lectures, etc.
The really nifty part about these rooms is that once you set up the room for a meeting or large event, the content you added also stays just like you left it. So unlike a physical banquet hall that has to be torn down and set up for each event, your virtual event room only needs to be set up once, and then tweaked as you wish for each future event in that room. This is a huge time saver for the busy online event planner that coordinates large yearly conferences or a recurring series of events, especially when you’ve taken quite a bit of time to set up the room just the way you want it.
Here are some things to consider when setting up and using your ‘virtual office’ or ‘virtual event facility':
- Welcome slides
- If you have a trusty set of welcome slides that you use for each event or a particular series, load them up once and they’ll be there the next time you use that room.
- Reuse polls
- Commonly used polls can be left in a layout within the room and cleared before the start of the next event in that room. This avoids the time waster of having to create polls from scratch for each event. Results are tracked on the back end for each event.
- Presenter notes and resources
- A handy set of presenter reminders, notes or commonly used resources can be stored in the Presenter Only Area where they will remain for the next set of presenters or moderators to use that room.
- Audio integration
- Audio lines that are dedicated to a particular series or recurring event, can be integrated to the room once to be reused each time that room is opened.
- Feedback survey
- A link at the end of your event to a feedback survey does not have to be created for each event – create the survey once, put it in a weblinks pod and it will be available for your attendees the next time they attend an event in that room.
- Layout Order
- Set up your layouts according to your agenda (ie. welcome lobby, speaker introduction, main presentation, polls, wrap up/Q&A). If this agenda is commonly used for most webinars or events, all you need to do is update a bit of content if needed for the next event, and presto, you’re all set in a matter of minutes!
This should give you an idea of what is possible. Remember that all content in the Adobe Connect virtual room is persistent – so go nuts customizing your room just the way you want it and then spend your time elsewhere because you won’t have to do it again!