by Terry Hemphill

Created

March 26, 2012

Illustrator CS6 Sneak Peek!

Join Brenda Sutherland, Illustrator product manager, as she shares a sneak peek into what’s coming for Illustrator CS6 as part of Creative Suite CS6 and Adobe Creative Cloud.

Brenda is showing Illustrator CS6’s new approach to crafting seamless, repeating vector patterns. On-artboard controls let you create and edit patterns interactively. One-click tiling arrangements let you experiment quickly so you can spend more time being creative and less on planning.

If you’ve ever struggled with creating seamless patterns in Illustrator (and I know I have), you’re going to love this new way of working.

Watch the video on Adobe TV or read the article and watch the video on Adobe Design Center.

Comments

• By Luca Pellegrini - 9:17 AM on March 27, 2012

Simply………The Best!!!!

• By Vasil Petreski - 1:20 PM on March 27, 2012

We need more info about the upcoming AI. Too much spotlight on PS. Seems like AI is dead in the community

• By Terry Hemphill - 1:48 PM on March 27, 2012

Hi Vasil,

Yes, Photoshop does get its share of the spotlight, but any product that is going out as a full public beta is bound to do so.

This is actually the first release where Illustrator has been allowed to provide any sneak peeks, and it’s great fun to be able to share a bit of what’s coming for CS6.

And we also have very lively communities on Facebook and Twitter; I encourage you to join:

FB: http://www.facebook.com/AdobeIllustrator
      Twitter: @InsideAi

Best,

–Terry H.

• By Alexandre Affonso - 5:02 AM on March 28, 2012

I hope this time Illustrator get more from Freehand features. Object selection, bezier pen, color management and gradients still are stupid on Illustrator. Fix the basics before bring new “cool” useless features, Adobe!

• By D.G. - 12:01 PM on April 12, 2012

I was part of the Beta from AI CS3 to CS5. Lots of freehand users were there asking for simple freehand features to be brought over to AI. Still hasn’t happened. I remember a comment from the AI team that they don’t just want to copy a feature but how can they improve it. Some things don’t need to be improved if they work. :) I also bet its a coding issue between the two app’s. Adding a function might break 1 more more things in AI. Anyways I agree with back to the basics.

• By Richard Sagmiller - 2:34 PM on March 30, 2012

I agree with Alex, lets get back to basics.

• By Piem - 11:22 PM on April 4, 2012

Woo ! Interesting

I’m waiting a much more from AICS6.
    when you are used to any 3dsoftware in the world, illustrator got evident and numerous lacks but I have to work with, 10 hours a day!
    general behavior (the selection set is a pity) , new layer system ( i.e. with real groups) .Custom view counts (25 only .. why only 25?), action scripts (not the pseudo macros system with too much limitations), custom menus, multithreading, a better links management with options ( indesign is a good boy)..
    Sorry for my english

• By JeanetMarie - 5:13 AM on April 8, 2012

I agree with Alex and Richard. Back to basics on object selection, bezier pen tool and …..gradients. I still have to buy plugins to make Illustrator fully optimal.

• By selçuk İNAN - 7:20 AM on April 11, 2012

perfect

• By Mark Fullerton - 10:17 AM on April 11, 2012

Nice new feature! Do you have options for patterns based on non rectangular repeats? Like maybe hexagons, triangles etc?

• By carl smith - 12:24 PM on April 11, 2012

nice, whens the beta out?

• By John Stanowski - 12:18 PM on April 12, 2012

Ho hum. I wish they would take a moment and stop adding new features and fix the ones they already have. As it is I only love Illustrator 50%. The other half of me hates it.

• By Alex - 12:46 PM on April 16, 2012

John Stanowski is completely right.

I want them to fix many of the currently existing features.
      I’m still excited tor this update however.

• By David H. - 7:38 AM on April 18, 2012

Wow, how about fixing the current gradient tool instead of adding some new gimmicky feature? As a matter of fact, how about fixing the way illy works with colors in general? or fix any of the other countless things we have asked for time and again. Sorry for all the rage, but i spend 40 hr a week working with the creative suite, a good portion of which is spent in illustrator and i have to say, working in illy is one of the most frustrating aspects of designing in adobe’s CS environment. Please adobe, just fix this broken mess you call illustrator, THAT would be an exciting update.

• By EduardoRG - 9:27 AM on April 19, 2012

All very beautiful but JESUS !!!!! they must improve the technical problems as “The File is not readable” or “Not enough RAM memory” or “Can´t export the illustration because the resolution is too high”. That 64 Bits upgrade should be a must in Illustrator CS6. Illustrator CS5 is not UP to the technical needs of a designer in terms to match the computer power one have. What matters is you have a 16 GB RAM memory computer if Illustrator doesn´t use it ???