June 17, 2013
Adobe Illustrator CC Is Available Now!
Illustrator CC is here.
A quick overview of what’s new is below. To learn more or to download a free 30-day trial, visit the Illustrator pages on Adobe.com.
With Illustrator CC you can:
Be more connected
- Always have the latest version and the newest features with Illustrator CC and Creative Cloud.
- Share projects straight from Illustrator CC to Behance to showcase your own projects and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
- Capture color themes out in the world with the free Adobe Kuler iPhone app and they’ll be accessible immediately in Illustrator.
Indulge your love of type
- The new Touch Type tool lets you work with live, editable type as if the characters were individual objects.
- Find the perfect font fast with a new streamlined font menu.
- Instantly switch between area type and point type.
Find new power in brushes
- With new Images in brushes, you can paint with a brush made from a photo. Create complex organic designs quickly — with simple brush strokes.
- Create pattern brushes swiftly by selecting from auto-generated corner options that perfectly match the rest of the stroke.
Think design, not code
- Create websites faster by letting Illustrator generate CSS code for you. Copy and paste the code right into your web editor.
- Export an entire page, include images, as a CSS style sheet that can be referenced with a link tag in an HTML file.
- Complex objects can instantly be copied and pasted as SVG code.
- Import multiple files into your Illustrator layout at the same time and with new control.
- Transform objects in a more immediate and intuitive way right on the artboard.
- Synchronize your workspace settings to Creative Cloud — including Illustrator preferences, presets, brushes, and libraries.