A major new update for Adobe Illustrator CC is here!
Illustrator CC has all-new features, available today, January 16, check it out!
If you are a Creative Cloud member, just go to the Creative Cloud desktop and update your installed version of Illustrator CC to access the latest features.
If you’re not a Creative Cloud member, you can still give the new features a test drive. We’ve reset trials for anyone who has downloaded a 30-day trial since May 2013, so give these new features a spin.
For January, 2014, Illustrator CC:
- Makes precision corner treatments as easy as a click and drag with Live Corners. Corners can be rounded, inverted or chamfered. Work directly on art, or input precise values into the Control panel or the new Corners dialog.
- Introduces an all-new Pencil tool that lets you draw curves more accurately with options to extend paths, draw straight lines, and close paths. This new curve technology is also extended to the Brush, Blob Brush, and Smooth tools.
- Provides a new Path Segment Reshape feature that lets you fluidly drag path segments into the desired shape. This new reshape technology is part of the Anchor Point and Direct Select tools, and can be accessed from the Pen tool while drawing.
- Lets you save files as responsive SVG code, which can scale across multiple devices or when browser windows are resized.
- Updates Perspective drawing so you can change the vanishing points and horizon line of the underlying grid and have your artwork dynamically update to match the new perspective.
- Offers a convenient new way to browse and sort Typekit fonts, right in the font menu. You can choose from over 900 Typekit desktop fonts, sync them through Creative Cloud, and have them immediately available in Illustrator CC.
- Supports pressure-sensitive styli on the latest Windows 8 tablet computers, as well as HiDPI displays for computers running Windows 7 and 8.
- Enables you to share Illustrator settings across multiple computers by exporting or importing settings to a folder.
- Lets you create a Custom Tools panel so you can now have just the set of tools you need for a particular task immediately at hand.
- Layer states remembered
- Draw and resize artboards from the center
- Access Fill/Stroke controls in the Swatches panel
- Use sliders to control opacity settings
Visit the Illustrator CC Learn page to download a free trial, and check out the dozens of new tutorials, from Illustrator fundamentals to master class projects.