August 1, 2013
Discover What’s New in Illustrator CC — UPDATE
If you missed the live session with Rufus, you can view the recording of this webinar here.
Join Rufus Deuchler, Senior Worldwide Evangelist for Design at Adobe, and get the scoop on what’s new in Adobe Illustrator CC.
Find out how you can leverage the new tools and Creative Cloud integration in Illustrator CC to design in more powerful, intuitive, and connected ways.
Want to see how you can start with a bitmap image like this…
…and end up with a beautiful final graphic like the one below in just a few steps?
Then you need to a register for this free online session.
You’ll have time for direct Q&A with Adobe staff and Rufus during this session, too, so come with your Illustrator questions and the team will do their best to get you the answers you need.
Rufus is a graduate of the Art Center College of Design with a BFA in Communication Design, has worked as a corporate and editorial designer across Europe since 1992, and has taught graphic design since 1995. Based in Florence, Italy, Rufus brings a thorough understanding of creative software from a designer’s perspective.
July 29, 2013
Image Trace in Adobe Illustrator lets you convert raster images to editable vectors using a new tracing engine introduced in Illustrator CS6. With this fresh approach to tracing, you can quickly get premium results with image sensing that automatically applies the most appropriate tracing preset. And you still have full control to finesse your tracing with an Image Trace panel that presents all options in one place.
If you’re familiar with the old Live Trace feature, you’ll find the new interface more intuitive and interactive. You also get cleaner lines, more accurate fitting, better color recognition, and more reliable results thanks to the refined technology.
July 23, 2013
Welcome to this months catch up showcasing our favorite Adobe Illustrator tutorials available on Vectortuts+. Vectortuts+ is a blog of tutorials, articles and more on all things vector! We publish tutorials on techniques and effects to make awesome vector graphics in Adobe Illustrator. My name is Sharon Milne and I’m the Editor of Vectortuts+ and it is my pleasure to share with the Adobe Illustrator community five of our most interesting and popular tutorials published during June 2013.
June 17, 2013
Illustrator CC is here.
A quick overview of what’s new is below. To learn more or to download a free 30-day trial, visit the Illustrator pages on Adobe.com.
With Illustrator CC you can:
Be more connected
- Always have the latest version and the newest features with Illustrator CC and Creative Cloud.
- Share projects straight from Illustrator CC to Behance to showcase your own projects and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
- Capture color themes out in the world with the free Adobe Kuler iPhone app and they’ll be accessible immediately in Illustrator.
Indulge your love of type
- The new Touch Type tool lets you work with live, editable type as if the characters were individual objects.
- Find the perfect font fast with a new streamlined font menu.
- Instantly switch between area type and point type.
Find new power in brushes
- With new Images in brushes, you can paint with a brush made from a photo. Create complex organic designs quickly — with simple brush strokes.
- Create pattern brushes swiftly by selecting from auto-generated corner options that perfectly match the rest of the stroke.
Think design, not code
- Create websites faster by letting Illustrator generate CSS code for you. Copy and paste the code right into your web editor.
- Export an entire page, include images, as a CSS style sheet that can be referenced with a link tag in an HTML file.
- Complex objects can instantly be copied and pasted as SVG code.
- Import multiple files into your Illustrator layout at the same time and with new control.
- Transform objects in a more immediate and intuitive way right on the artboard.
- Synchronize your workspace settings to Creative Cloud — including Illustrator preferences, presets, brushes, and libraries.
June 13, 2013
Welcome to this months catch up showcasing our favorite Adobe Illustrator tutorials available on Vectortuts+. Vectortuts+ is a blog of tutorials, articles and more on all things vector! We publish tutorials on techniques and effects to make awesome vector graphics in Adobe Illustrator. My name is Sharon Milne, I’m the Editor of Vectortuts+, and it is my pleasure to share with the Adobe Illustrator community five of our most interesting and popular tutorials published during May 2013.