November 25, 2013
Illustrator 17.0.2 Update for Mac Now Available
The Illustrator 17.0.2 update for Mac is now available. To access the update, from the Creative Cloud desktop app, go to the Apps pane, and choose Update.
This new update for Mac customers, which includes the fixes listed for the 17.0.1 release, addresses the issue with the Nov. 18 update crashing.
If you need help installing the update, please post your questions on the Illustrator Community Forum.
November 19, 2013
Issue with Illustrator 17.0.1 Update for Mac
The Illustrator CC 17.0.1 bug fix update, released yesterday, November 18, has caused a crash when Illustrator is launched on Mac for a small number of customers. The cause of this crash is related to having old or corrupt fonts installed that have either the font name or or the font family type missing.
The Illustrator development team has identified the fix and are in the process of releasing a new update for Mac customers. Until the new update is available, the the Mac 17.0.1 update has been removed from Creative Cloud. The new update is planned for later this week. For more information, please see this Help document.
November 18, 2013
Illustrator CC 17.0.1 Updates
Today new updates to Illustrator CC are available for both Mac and Window customers. These updates correct a number of issues:
Bugs fixed (Mac and Windows)
- When placing a DWG file, only the topmost artwork is shown in the loaded graphics icon, while the rest of the artwork gets placed into the document.
- All layers of a DWG files are imported into a single layer even if the Merge Layers option is turned off.
- Copying an object from an existing document to a new document results in a number of unwanted swatches being added.
- If the Export dialog is opened and then dismissed using the Cancel button, when you attempt save a file (File > Save), Illustrator displays the Save As dialog.
Bugs fixed (Mac)
- The zoom in/out feature does not work when using a Magic Mouse or Trackpad with the Alt/Option keys.
- Keyboard shortcuts stop working with a Magic Mouse.
Bugs fixed (Windows)
- Spanish language versions of Illustrator do not launch on Windows 8.1 computers.
- Cannot save a file if the preview is enabled and displayed in the Windows dialog box.
How to get the update
From the Creative Cloud desktop app, go to the Apps pane, and choose Update. If you need help installing the update, please post your questions on the Illustrator Community Forum.