Adobe is well-known for being a creative company and that extends to how we give back to the community. From a Sumo wrestling championship in Australia, to a window office auction in Seattle, Adobe employees are devising creative ways to raise money and awareness for causes they care about.
- When Seattle Adobean Parviz B. was set to go on sabbatical earlier this year, he thought, “why let his perfectly good window office sit empty for six weeks?” The DPS team orchestrated an auction for use of his office, with all proceeds going to charity. Neil E., won the auction and turned around and auctioned off a sub-lease. When all the bids were counted, they raised more than $2,000 for 8 different charities.
- Last month, the Dublin Corporate Responsibility (CR) Action Team organized a “Pink Day,” where employees wore pink to the office to create awareness of breast cancer and support the Irish Cancer Society.
- During June’s Be Involved Month, the Sydney CR Action Team hosted the Adobe Australia-New Zealand Sumo Championship to raise funds for Vinnies CEO Sleepout, an initiative to help bring an end to homelessness in Australia.
- During April’s Be Green Month, the Bangalore and Noida Green Teams held a Best of Waste competition, where employees created a garden hammock out of unwanted cables and a flower vase made from a ketchup bottle.
The fun and innovative ways that employees get involved continue through the end of the year. During November and December, Adobe celebrates Season of Giving, an annual campaign to encourage community involvement worldwide. Local CR Action Teams at more than 15 Adobe sites are coordinating various types of events and activities.
- The Tokyo CR Action Team hosted a Season of Giving Bazaar where employees sold donated items to benefit Sweet Treat 311, an organization that supports relief efforts in areas affected by the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami.
- Over 120 employees have signed up to grow a mo’ in support of Movember, a campaign where men grow mustaches (and women support them) for 30 days to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.
- The Adobe Studio team in San Francisco exchanged their cameras and design tools for hair nets and serving utensils when they provided dinner service at St. Vincent de Paul Society. The nonprofit was extremely grateful for the service as they went for weeks without any volunteers prior to the Adobe team helping out.
Giving goes social: #GivingTuesday
New this year, Adobe participated in #GivingTuesday, a global campaign to create a day of giving back and to kick off the giving season on December 3. In the spirit of #GivingTuesday, Adobe pledges to rally support for nonprofits in local communities selected by employees at each of our largest offices. Various sites set up events and activities to promote awareness and support for nonprofit partners.
These are just a few of the ways that employees are giving back this holiday season. For more information on Adobe’s commitment to our local communities, visit the Corporate Responsibility site.