Veterans Day will be observed in the U.S. on Saturday, November 11. The same day, the U.K. commemorates in a similar way with Remembrance Day. We are recognizing and thanking all those currently serving and those who have served to protect. We are honored to have former service members in the Adobe family.
In honor of Veterans Day, we asked some of our employees who served to share some meaningful ways we can all take a moment to recognize, support and thank all veterans:
- If you know a current service member, help their family while they are away. Family is the top concern for any service member away on deployment or training. Knowing there are people their family can turn to can help ease their mind.
- Shop at veteran-owned local businesses. Some veterans struggle adjusting back to civilian lifestyle. Supporting their small businesses not only helps them economically, but aids them in finding a renewed sense of purpose.
- Check out the Military Job Networks to empower veterans to transition back into the workforce, and share it with a veteran.
- There are countless organizations that are doing tremendous work for veterans and active duty troops. The Wounded Warrior Project seeks to honor and empower wounded warriors. Dog Tag Bakery educates, employs, and mentors veterans and military spouses free of charge.
- Visit a veteran hospital or nonprofit organizations that support veterans and active duty members. Veterans Affairs is always looking for volunteers!
Here at Adobe we take pride in creating a workplace that works for everyone. Explore opportunities on our career site and apply today!