This year marks the 100th anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I. In recognition of this day, the United States celebrates Veterans Day and the United Kingdom observes Remembrance Day. France and Belgium celebrate the end of World War I with Armistice Day and Poland commemorates the restoration of their sovereignty with National Independence Day.
“Veterans around the world and across Adobe have made, and continue to make, tremendous sacrifices for their countries,” said John Pritchard, Sr. Director, Adobe I/O and Veterans Employee Network executive sponsor. “You are highly valued members of our diverse culture, and bring a unique background of leadership, teamwork and calm under pressure. Whenever and however you served, November 11 is for you.”
Though these observance days come around once a year, Adobe strives to support and celebrate our Adobe veterans all year long.
One way we do this is by encouraging our community to join the Veterans Employee Network, which supports veterans, reservists, active duty military and their families.
“The Adobe Veterans Employee Network has been a great opportunity to meet veterans from across Adobe, as well as to partner with other Diversity and Inclusion organizations in support of our amazing employees and community partners,” shared Michael Isom, Sr. Program Manager and Veterans Employee Network member.
Adobe also provides a number of U.S. and global resources and benefits to our service members and their families.
U.S. Resources for Veterans and their Families
There are ample resources available to veterans and their families through Adobe’s wellness benefits. A few examples include:
- AbleTo Support Program: AbleTo can provide personalized support for those working through health conditions or a stressful life change — through twice-a-week, one-on-one coaching and therapy sessions — to help you feel more in control.
- CareCounsel: CareCounsel is your dedicated resource for any healthcare benefit issue. Services are confidential and dedicated to your best interest in reducing hassle and headaches with your healthcare experience.
- Teladoc Video Behavioral Health Sessions: Aetna members can use Teladoc for video sessions with a psychiatrist or psychologist to get support for anxiety, eating disorders, depression, family issues and more.
- Military Leave: A Military Leave is available for employees who enlist or are called for active duty in any of the uniformed services, or to satisfy annual reserve training.
- National Ability Center: The National Ability Center empowers individuals of all abilities by building self-esteem, confidence and lifetime skills through sport, recreation and educational programs.
- Paws 4 Patriots: Paws 4 Patriots combines a love and respect for veterans and first responders with a devotion to saving shelter dogs.
- Veterans in Tech: VIT is committed to bringing together a tech-specific network, resources and programs for our veterans interested in education, entrepreneurship and employment.
Global Resources for Veterans and their Families
- Employee Assistance Program: The EAP provides employees and their dependents with confidential, short-term counseling services and additional work and life resources.
- Headspace: Free for all employees, the Headspace app gives you access to short, guided meditation sessions that help you manage your stress, sleep better, find your focus, boost your creativity and achieve more balance in your life.
To all veterans and their families: thank you for your service and sacrifice. We appreciate and thank you for your commitment to your countries.
As Michael Isom put it: “The simple willingness to serve a greater cause and pay the ultimate price if called upon speaks volumes regarding your character and the values you bring to work and your respective communities.”
Follow #AdobeForAll and see how our employees are making their communities a diverse and inclusive place for all. Visit our Diversity and Inclusion site to learn more about our initiatives. And read more about our employee networks and the employees that breathe life into them: