Adobe Reader Blog
Stay up-to-date on Adobe Reader…

April 18, 2013

Get to know Acrobat.com with Adobe Reader

Take a minute to think about the way you currently store and access your important PDF files. Maybe you’ve got an external hard drive that you carry around with you, or maybe you email documents to yourself and call that “cloud storage”. Maybe you just store them locally and hope your computer doesn’t crash. In any case, Acrobat.com and Adobe Reader can help you do better: any PDF document you’ve uploaded to Acrobat.com can be opened with Adobe Reader on your laptop, desktop, even your smartphone or tablet with the Adobe Reader mobile app. That means instant access across all your devices. Doesn’t that sound easier than scrolling through your inbox looking for a specific attachment? Yes, we think so too. Read on for details.

By now, you probably know that when you’ve got any file open in Reader, you can upload it to Acrobat.com just by clicking the “Upload” icon in the toolbar.

Upload to Acrobat.com

The Tools pane will open up and you can watch the upload’s progress. But maybe you didn’t know that you can also access those uploaded files (and all your other Acrobat.com files) from that same Tools pane: in the “Store Files” panel, notice the link marked “Open Acrobat.com Files”. If you’re signed in, you can click that link to pull up a window with all of the files you’ve stored in the cloud.

Open from Acrobat.com

You can even sort them or filter them if you need help finding a specific document:

• Use the Search bar in the upper left to find a particular document by title or keyword; just start typing and the relevant documents will appear.
  • In the upper right, click the menu icon for viewing options. You can sort according to name, date, size, or format, and can filter out visible documents according to one or more of those same attributes.

Open from Acrobat.com

Once you start using Acrobat.com to store and access your files, we think you’ll get used to this method of cloud storage pretty quickly – especially because you won’t even have to open a browser to access the cloud.

Bookmark and Share

COMMENTS

• By Sergejs Ušakovs - 6:41 PM on April 18, 2013

App for Win Phone 8 please – at least same as for iOS!
    iOS app is tremendously good on iPads!

• By joiemikitson - 9:59 PM on April 18, 2013

Hi Sergejs – thanks for your feedback! We’ll be sure to share it with the product team. Glad to hear you like the version of Reader for iOS.

• By NICHOLAS - 4:02 AM on April 22, 2013

I REQURE A PDF READER

• By Thabang - 3:44 PM on April 24, 2013

I am in need of adopt reader

• By sunitra - 12:52 AM on April 27, 2013

not’can’t open use on mobile!

• By joiemikitson - 4:04 PM on April 29, 2013

Hi Sunitra, We’d love to help. What mobile phone do you have? And what is the the specific error you are seeing?

• By Andrew - 4:05 PM on April 30, 2013

Can I download files to my ipad that have been uploaded to adobe.com from my iphone?

• By joiemikitson - 9:32 PM on April 30, 2013

Yes, you can upload and download different files from Acrobat.com on different devices. All thanks to cloud technology. Launch Adobe Reader on your iPad and click Acrobat.com on the toolbar to access your files.

• By B.Kanana - 5:38 PM on April 30, 2013

Change is good but as long it won’t affect customers to access monthly statemements easier and quicker.This new thing is not implemented correctly is just waste of time and money.

• By melvin jackson - 4:46 PM on May 2, 2013

I want it to read it to me.

• By joiemikitson - 1:26 PM on May 3, 2013

You can actually use the read aloud function to turn text into sound in Reader. Go to View->Read Out Loud.

• By JOHN - 1:54 AM on May 5, 2013

I NEED HELP BADLY.
    I did something wrong on my desktop and now I cannot open any eBooks or files saved in PDF. I have tried a lot of the simple things people have suggested to me and still cannot open my files and books. Help please!!

• By joiemikitson - 2:05 PM on May 5, 2013

Hi John, we would be happy to help. Are you receiving an error message? Do you have the most up-to-date Adobe Reader?

• By Edith - 5:27 PM on May 5, 2013

I need help badly. I’d tried all the “good” suggestions of Prestiogio-support and my bookseller-support, I upgraded Adobe Digital Editon 1.7.2.1131 to ADE 2.0. and migrated all eBooks without error-messages.
    I use an eReader Prestigio PER3162BN with Adobe Reader Mobile on bord. I download all my eBooks with Adobe Digital Edition to follow DRM. Nowerdays I downloaded 4 eBooks which can’t be opened on my eReader. They onliy could be opened directly in Adobe Digital Edition on my desktop. All my other eBooks can be opened on eReader. HELP ME PLEASE.

• By joiemikitson - 3:40 PM on May 8, 2013

We’re sorry to hear that and would like to help.
      Do you see any error when opening these 4 eBooks on Prestigo eReader device? (A screenshot would be appreciated) Did any of these 4 eBooks work earlier on your eReader before you upgraded ADE to 2.0 or are these new eBooks that you got after you had already upgraded?

• By Edith - 8:27 AM on May 13, 2013

The error message I get: “This file can’t be opened”….No these 4 ebooks didn’t work before upgrade of ADE…this was the reason for upgrade….this eReader isn’t WLAN or Cloud comlpiant…

• By Don - 7:27 PM on May 9, 2013

having trouble upgrading the reader – when I try to open Reader get an error message can’t find an DLL that Adobe requires to run the Reader.

• By Peter - 9:00 AM on May 10, 2013

I have Adobe Reader 11.0.2, and I am signed in to Acrobat.com inside the reader (I see my username on top of the Tools pane), but I don’t see any of the cloud storage functionality. I don’t have an Upload icon on the toolbar, and it is not available when customizing the toolbar either. The Tools pane shows me “Export PDF”, “Create PDF” and “Send Files”, but no “Store Files”. I’m using Windows 7.

• By joiemikitson - 3:47 PM on May 10, 2013

Hi Peter, this is certainly odd. With a PDF open in Reader, if you choose File > Save As, do you see ‘Acrobat.com’ within the ‘Save to Online Account’ drop-down menu? You may also want to try repairing Adobe Reader via Help > Repair Adobe Reader Installation.

• By Peter - 12:25 PM on May 14, 2013

In the “Save As” dialog box, I have a dropdown menu “Save to Online Account”. When I open that, the only option is “New Account”. When I click that, I get a new window where I can choose between “Office 365″ and “SharePoint”, or I can freely enter a URL.

I tried repairing (and did a restart of Windows as was requested at the end), but there is no change.

Could this be because my company has limited what I can do with Adobe Reader?

• By ann smith - 3:48 PM on May 15, 2013

i can’t read in adobe reader xi the pages of the current pdf-file page by page.
    Why ?
    Help me.
    Ann Smith

• By Amy Cox - 4:43 PM on June 25, 2013

Hello!
    I can get the read aloud function to work just fine, but I need it to slow down! Is there a way to adjust the speed?
    It would be wonderful if we could get it to skip some page headings, situations and dates, but I do not think that is doable. Oh, yes, and a cherry on top please…Just kidding about the cherry!
    I would be happy with adjusting the speed of the voice.
    Thank you!

• By joiemikitson - 8:56 PM on June 25, 2013

Hi Amy. Try this out… in Adobe Reader > Preferences and uncheck the “Use default speech attributes” checkbox, and then change the number in the “Words per minute” field within the allowable range, click OK.

• By Jason Owen - 10:16 AM on July 9, 2013

Hi,

I am using 10.1.7 on my Mac, I have an Acrobat.com account which I am signed into. On the RHS of the Reader though I only have three options.
    Export PDF Files
    Create PDF Files
    Send Files

Store files is not there. How do I get that?

The other problem I have is that I have saved some files onto my Acrobat.com account via the IPad Reader app and when I log into thte web based Acrobat.com they are not there.

Please help….
    Jason.

• By joiemikitson - 7:49 PM on July 9, 2013

Hi Jason,

Do you have Acrobat XI as well or just Adobe Reader right now?

• By Jason Owen - 12:25 AM on July 10, 2013

I have Acrobat V8.3.1 as well as the reader…

Jason.

• By joiemikitson - 4:24 PM on July 10, 2013

Hi Jason, you need Reader 10 or newer to access the Acrobat.com services, such as CreatePDF, ExportPDF and SendNow from within Reader. To download the latest version of Reader, please visit http://get.adobe.com/reader. To your other question about Acrobat.com on your iPad ot reflecting the same files on the web-based one, it’s likely that when you’re on your computer, you’re logging into Workspaces (http://workspaces.acrobat.com) and not Acrobat.com (http://files.acrobat.com). If you log into Acrobat.com (http://files.acrobat.com) with the same Adobe ID you’ve logged into your iPad with, you should see your files.

• By Jason Owen - 9:34 PM on July 13, 2013

Thanks mate, that link worked just fine.

One last question, when I select some files that I want to download from Acrobat.com the download button is greyed out. Is this a paid option by any chance?

Regards
    Jason.

• By joiemikitson - 5:33 PM on July 14, 2013

Hi Jason, Is it a file you have on Workspaces that you are trying to download?

• By Jason Owen - 6:15 AM on July 15, 2013

Yes it is…

• By joiemikitson - 8:16 PM on July 16, 2013

Hi Jason. What is it that you are looking to do?

• By Jason Owen - 9:40 PM on July 16, 2013

I just worked it out, you can only download one file at a time. I was selecting half a dozen.

Thanks for your mate much appreciated…
    Jason.