Mobile App Use Now Makes Up 52% of Total Digital Media Engagement

Comscore just released its US Mobile App Report confirming that mobile apps now dominate content consumption: “Mobile has swiftly risen to become the leading digital platform, with total activity on smartphones and tablets accounting for an astounding 60 percent of digital media time spent in the U.S. The fuel driving mobile’s relentless growth is primarily app usage, which alone makes up a majority of total digital media engagement at 52 percent.”  Check out the report here.



While mobile users obviously spend a lot of time in their social, radio and news apps, they are also spending time in a wide range of other apps that are important to them –  whether at home, in the office, or in the class room.  It has been great to watch app usage expand to include content such as the NFL Buffalo Bills app which is driving an entirely new fan experience both inside and outside the stadium.   And a terrific app from Audi that is helping its dealers and customer stay ahead of the curve with an interactive product experience app.

Visit the DPS gallery on Behance to see more examples of mobile apps.



  • By Tony Atwood - 4:58 AM on August 31, 2014  

    I was just looking at our analytics stats and was surprised that 30% of our entire traffic is from tablets, with iOS dominating. Another 25-30% is taken by the phones so with a total of about 55-60% mobile traffic. It’s amazing if you think about it. Last year the entire mobile traffic was only at about 30%, so it has doubled during only one year for us.

  • By karan - 8:46 AM on August 28, 2014  

    These figures for encouraging for Mobile App Developers . Do anyone tell me scope of Hybrid Mobile App / Cross Platform mobile App , which are develop using phonegap , telerik and other platform.