Cairngorm 2 – ASDoc Available

You may have seen by now that we have released Cairngorm 2 for Flex 2 over on Adobe Labs.

The Cairngorm 2 release on labs contains the source code only at the moment, but we’re very busy in the background putting together more Cairngorm documentation and samples for the Flex community.

So, with a huge thanks to Brian Deitte of the Flex Team, we’re able to provide you with the API documentation for Cairngorm 2. These docs can be downloaded from here for now, but we’ll get the up on labs over the next few days.

The API docs are in the same ASDoc format as the Flex 2 Documentation, so should be immediately familiar to you.

I’ve already noticed a few formatting errors in the docs, and we will get those fixed for the release we put on labs, but please let us know if you think anything needs changed or updated in the meantime.

You can download the Cairngorm 2 documentation here.

9 Responses to Cairngorm 2 – ASDoc Available

1. judah says:

I really appreciate all the work you are doing on the cairngorm project. It takes a lot for some of us to get going and this is just what we need. THANK YOU!!!

2. christian says:

Thanks for the great work. I am just about to start putting together my first large-scale Flex application, and hope to use Cairngorm if i can come up to speed on it soon enough. What are the best online resources for getting my hands dirty with it?

3. Joshua says:

Hello,
    I think you guys are on an offsite this week, but when you check this please let me know of some good Cairngorm online resources, such as a more thorough documentation guide and install notes. The ASDocs dont provide walk throughs or install instructions, I viewed the Walk throughs Steven Webster had on adobe.com, however they pertain mainly to Flex 1.5 in the examples, which I no longer have installed.
    The Wiki in the Labs also does not provide enough information for someone who is knew to Cairngorm to get started on how to use the framework.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, I work @ Boeing and plan on pushing this framework as a bestpractice once I get a feel on how it can help our developer community.
    Thanks,
    Josh

4. mehul says:

Hi there,
    I have a query here. I have completed my project in Flex 2 and its working fine in all browsers. Except in IE 7 (above and beta 2) its not showing my movie. It don’t start express install even. When I went to adobe website, it didn’t installed flash player too.
    I am stopped at this point on my project delivery now.
    Can you please guide??
    Thanks
    Mehul

5. Ed says:

What license is Cairngorm released under? I would like to use it in a project and want to know if there are any limitations.

6. Tavla says:

7. Lazerli Epilasyon says:

Hi all,
    Thank you!

8. RC says:

Thanks for the framework.
    Wanted to know the reasons behind using a seperate (from Flex) EventDispatcher.
    Does the seperation from Flex’ EventDispatcher provide better performance ?

9. tkrispin says:

Cairngorm is licensed under the BSD license; one of the most unrestricted licenses in computerland: