The beta version of Cairngorm 2.2 for Flex has been kicking around for some time now, and, on Friday, I eventually got around to getting the release version up on Adobe Labs. You can read the release notes here.
The main change in this release is the externalisation of dependencies on the Flex Data Services library (fds.swc) to a separate set of downloads called Cairngorm Enterprise.
The full list of changes in this release are as follows:
- Removed dependency on Flex Data Services (fds.swc) – externalised to Cairngorm Enterprise
- Flex SDK SWCs are no longer linked into Cairngorm.swc (produces a smaller Cairngorm.swc)
- Added support for setting remote credentials
- Fixed bug with Web services not loading the WSDL (no need to call loadWSDL() explicitly)
- ModelLocator interface has been deprecated. Added com.adobe.cairngorm.model.IModelLocator
- Added deprecation metadata for compiler support
- Added dispatch() helper method to CairngormEvent class
- Commands are now added to base Controller with weak references
- Added removeCommand to FrontController
- Made commands instance variable protected in FrontController (was private)
If you want a more general overview on what Cairngorm is, and what it can do for you, visit the Cairngorm page on Adobe Labs.
I’ll give the motivation behind many of these changes in future blog posts.