Ah..The sweet aroma of the first entry ~

Welcome!
I am pleased to share with you my thoughts, FW shaolin techniques, new findings with technology and science, and industry opinions while working at Macromedia.
My passion at Macromedia is to be the best I can be while helping customers find a solution to fix the issue their experiencing with one of our products specifically the Studio MX 2004 products and also Contribute and Contribute Publishing Services. I’ll mainly focus my entries towards using Fireworks MX 2004 and expose helpful tips for everyone to enjoy.
I survived for many years using DW/FW/FL as my tools of the trade and I feel its time for me to give back to the community what you gave me to get where I’m at today.
Before working at Macromedia, I was (and still am) a Web Designer / Developer “Deseloper” as (Jen DeHaan calls it) for 11 years of my life. I survived the dotcom bomb days and was fortunate to have a job when the industry became overly saturated with developers. It was a challenging time for all of us. Only the strong survive and the weak find another gig.

9 Responses to Ah..The sweet aroma of the first entry ~

1. senocular says:

first post! w00t!

2. jdehaan says:

Second post!
    Welcome to the blogs! And to deseloper-dom! Whee!

3. jdehaan says:

Hey, deseloper is catching on… from it’s inception on Sept 14th 2003 (5 days after Flash 2004 was released):
    to now over 1500 hits on Google:
    OK, a number are just my lousy mutterings, but not too bad! If I could only get the site up!

4. John Waller says:

>>I am a strong believer that Fireworks has the best workflow and will save you time and money when developing websites for clients.
    That’s great but has Fireworks really got a future at Adobe?

5. Aw, John- you know we can’t speculate about that stuff publicly… cut Alan some slack, it’s his first day at this ‘blogging stuff 😉
    We’ll cross them bridges when we get to em…

6. senocular says:

I don’t work for MM or dobe so I’m free to speculate. And I imagine Alan here has the same opinions as I do since… well, I’m cool and he’s cool… so its only natural that we think alike. So the following is my lengthy and detailed reaction to the question, “Has Fireworks really got a future at Adobe?”:

Thank you. I’ll be here all night.

7. Tom says:

Adobe did not get to be Adobe by being dumb.
    ImageReady will go the way of LiveMotion and PhotoShop and Fireworks will be forever joined.
    It’s Freehand ya gotta worry about. Maybe it can become part of the Flash IDE?
    My $.02,
    Tom

8. John Waller says:

>>cut Alan some slack, it’s his first day at this ‘blogging stuff 😉
    Scott: I didn’t mean to come across as giving him a hard time 🙂 I guess I’m just so used to Fireworks discussions being more about the product’s future than seeing tips and tricks for using it these days. Although, in hindsight, raising the issue on an MM-sponsored blog is not going to be particularly productive.
    I do agree with Alan about Fireworks’ great workflow etc.
    On that note, welcome to the world of blogging, Alan! 🙂

9. Giancarlo says: