Enjoy the extension, I’ll release the FLA once I clean it up a bit.
motionFX was created to ease the repetitious pain of going to each frame and incrementing the blur’s percentage for an animation. The motionFX extension allows you to create a sequence of bitmaps that are ready to be imported into Flash for rollover effects or any objects.
Download motionFX (2.0)
Access the motionFX panel by: Window > motionFX
- Create a new document: 300w x 300h, 72dpi
- Create a text block called "motionFX" at 35pts or whatever you want (Company Logo etc..)
- With the Text Block object selected, open the motion FX panel (Window > motionFX) and select Zoom Blur from dropdown menu.
- Click the "Create" button and it will take a few seconds depending on your processor speed to render the animation.
- Open the Frames panel and observe the frames it created. (To learn how to use the frame panel, look up "Frames Panel" in the Help menu)
- Preview the animation by using the Frames "stop/play" buttons at the bottom of the canvas
- Insert a slice, open the optimize panel and change the settings to PNG 32, Matte: transparent / Change Canvas color to transparent
- Right-click the slice and select "Export Selected Slice…"
- Create a new folder on your HD somewhere to place the animation.
- Within the Export dialog, change name, and navigate the "Save as Type" drop-down menu to "Frames to Files" (This will export out the PNG Sequence for best results in Flash) Click "Save"
- Open Flash 2004 and Create a new Movie Clip.
- Import file of the PNG sequence (File > Import) into the empty MC
- Preview! (ctrl-enter)
A big thanks goes out to:
- Brian Edgin
- Hiroshi Miyazawa
- Thijs Triemstra
for giving me guidance, ideas and helping me write cleaner ActionScript!
Of course, please let me know if you find bugs.