Just thought I’d let you know about 2 open positions on our team in San Francisco (old MM Headquarters). If you are in the industry and want to get on the other side of the looking glass, well, nows your chance. These are fun and fast paced positions and you will be on the Studio Support Team that I currently work with in San Francisco. If you would like to discuss the postion with me directly. Send me an email. These positions will go fast so get crackin and apply!
In this role, you will be responsible for handling client and server-side issues for Adobe Contribute and Contribute Publishing Server. You will be a part of a team that supports a wide array of products, tackling issues from general usage questions through testing complicated server-side configurations.
Flash Support Engineer – CV010602
In this role, you will be responsible for handling client and server-side issues for Adobe Flash and Flash Player, the industry’s most advanced environment for creating interactive websites, digital experiences and mobile content. You will be a part of a team that supports a wide array of products, tackling issues from general usage questions through complicated server-side configurations.
More details on the Flash position below as the Job profile is not up-to-date:
- Provide support to our front line support agents and customers via phone, email, discussion groups, screen sharing tools, and by writing technical documents.
- Document reproducible issues in product bugbases.
- Document product issues and best practices in public Support Centers.
- Provide specific feedback for the purpose of improving product quality and functionality.
- Participate in the process of improving front line agent performance by monitoring case activity and making appropriate recommendations.
- Participate as a technical resource and subject matter expert with Instructional Designers for the creation and maintenance of training and educational materials.
- Continually enhance skills in technologies relating to areas of expertise.
- Assist other business areas of Adobe as needed (Quality Assurance, Product Management, Training, Sales, etc.).
- Four year degree (or equivalent) in a technology discipline.
- Two or more years of experience in an IT or Technical Support environment.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows operating systems including general troubleshooting, use of RegEdit, and understanding of User Administration & Rights.
- Expert level knowledge of Macintosh operating systems including general troubleshooting, use of Terminal, understanding of User Administration & Rights, and Root User.
- Expert level knowledge of networking including cross-platform file transfer using network protocols (smb, afp, active directory), TCP/IP (server ping), and permissions.
- Expert level knowledge of installation and configuration of web server technologies (IIS, Apache or other Web servers).
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly with remote employees.
- Strong organizational skills, including managing meetings, conference calls and trainings.
Basic Requirements (cont’d):
- Two or more years of experience using Adobe Flash or equivalent, in interactive media and/or client/server internet application development.
- Expert level knowledge of development and troubleshooting Rich Internet Applications with a strong background in client/server programming fundamentals, advanced use of ActionScript or a similar ECMA-based language, Procedural and Object Oriented Programming.
- Intermediate level knowledge of one or more web application server technologies (ColdFusion, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, JSP).
- Intermediate level knowledge of browser functionality, and how plug-in technologies differ among browsers.
- Intermediate level knowledge of appending Active X controls into other products (PowerPoint, C++ apps, etc).
- Intermediate level knowledge of popup blockers, browser tool bars, firewalls, and anti virus software.
- Intermediate level knowledge of browser security and all settings related to the use of ActiveX and Active Content.
- Intermediate level knowledge of client-server communication (HTTP, UDP/IP, TCP/IP, TCP Ports, HTTPS).
- 3 – 5 years in a technically-related position.
- Familiarity with how to read and use documented APIs.
- In-depth troubleshooting skills with UNIX and LINUX.
- Expert level knowledge of at least one application server (preferably ColdFusion).
- Intermediate level knowledge of knowledge of SQL, ODBC, and basic database design and development (MS Access, DB2, Oracle or MS SQL Server).
- Basic level knowledge of Flash Communication Server.
- Intermediate level knowledge of the Flash V2 Components (specifically the DataGrid), Cell Renders, Event Listeners, Custom classes, Cascading Style Sheets, Component Skinning, and Streaming Video.
- Basic level knowledge of Flash Remoting, webservices, https.
- Basic level knowledge of mobile internet communications.
- Intermediate level knowledge of level knowledge of Flash Player cross domain and local file security.
- Basic level knowledge of Unicode and developing multi-language applications.
- Basic level knowledge of screen reader technologies like Jaws.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Flash Local Shared Objects and Local Connection objects.