How do I slice a comp/mock in Fireworks for use in Dreamweaver?

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard this question from new users to Studio 8. Its a very difficult question to answer as you must be aware of all the limitations of HTML and CSS to fully grasp and understand the concept of Web Design.

There are many workflows that I cannot describe in one shot about this process and felt Zoe Gillenwater’s article is an excellent read. Being someone that prefers to give everything away for free, the article actually costs 3.00(USD) to read, but I have to say its one of the best articles I’ve seen yet that can help get someone new to the process to get on the right track.

It’s not often I recommend a tutorial that costs money, but if you can spare the 3 bucks and you are a new user, then go get this article and tear it apart.

A CSS Web Design Case Study: Constructing a Personal Site – Slicing the Comp

9 Responses to How do I slice a comp/mock in Fireworks for use in Dreamweaver?

1. Danilo says:

Hi Alan,
    FYI: Zoe, not Joe
    PS: Any word on that exporting images from user set grid slices idea we discussed?

2. William from Lagos says:

I think it’s rather sad people still have to pay for a tutorial

3. William from Lagos says:

I think it’s rather sad people still have to pay for a tutorial

4. Danilo –
    Thanks, not sure why I put Joe instead of Zoe. I knew that!
    William –
    I’m sorry. I also agree with you, but without a price, Im not sure how communitymx would survive? If you have a solution for them, Im sure they’d be happy to hear it.

5. Jim Babbage says:

I’m sorry you feel that way too, William. But we have MANY free articles and tutorials on CommunityMX – over 130 articles, tutorials, reviews and extensions in total, so far.
    We release free content on a regular basis and whether they are free articles or commercial ones, a great deal of time and effort goes into their creation; concept, research, writing, screen captures, videos, testing, editing and revision. Two new, quality pieces come out every single business day, and have for the past three years.
    As Alan has said, however, if you have a soluttion that would work for everyone, we’d love to hear it.

6. DENIEL says:

I think it’s rather sad people still have to pay for a tutorial

7. Alicia says:

Nice templates!
    However, I already purchased several at http://www.web-site-templates.org quite cheap. Now I’m working to create the website
    Alicia

8. Olga says:

And I think it’s rather sad people still have to pay for a tutorial

9. panat says:

I think it’s rather sad people still have to pay for a tutorial!