Hey all –
We have a new opening for a Contribute / Contribute Publishing Server L3 Support Engineer in San Francisco. Its a fun and fast paced environment with plenty of things to learn and of course you get to work at Adobe and be on the bleeding edge of technology. We are looking for a motivated individual that feeds and works on the web to handle escalations and work with customers and other Support Agents concerning Contribute and Contribute Publishing Server. (A major plus is if you already use Dreamweaver and have deployed sites with Contribute users in mind.) Here’s some brief details of the position:
Contribute/CPS Level 3 Support Engineer
This is a full time, on-site position responsible for providing world class technical support to Adobe’s enterprise and consumer customers. This position will offer a competitive salary and benefits, enable you to learn and work with the best tools in the industry, and allow you to have an influence on the future development of Adobe products.
In this role, you will be responsible for handling client and server-side issues for Adobe Contribute and Contribute Publishing Server. You will be a part of a team that supports a wide array of products, tackling issues from general usage questions through testing complicated server-side configurations.
- Provide support to our front line support agents and customers via phone, email, discussion groups, screen sharing tools, and by writing technical documents.
- Document reproducible issues in product bugbases.
- Document product issues and best practices in public Support Centers.
- Provide specific feedback for the purpose of improving product quality and functionality.
- Participate in the process of improving front line agent performance by monitoring case activity and making appropriate recommendations.
- Participate as a technical resource and subject matter expert with Instructional Designers for the creation and maintenance of training and educational materials.
- Continually enhance skills in technologies relating to areas of expertise.
- Assist other business areas of Adobe as needed (Quality Assurance, Product Management, Training, Sales, etc.).
- Four year degree (or equivalent) in a technology discipline.
- Two or more years of experience in an IT or Technical Support environment.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows operating systems including general troubleshooting, use of RegEdit, and understanding of User Administration & Rights.
- Expert level knowledge of Macintosh operating systems including general troubleshooting, use of Terminal, understanding of User Administration & Rights, and Root User.
- Expert level knowledge of networking including cross-platform file transfer using network protocols (smb, afp, active directory), TCP/IP (server ping), and permissions.
- Expert level knowledge of installation and configuration of web server technologies (IIS, Apache or other Web servers).
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly with remote employees.
- Strong organizational skills, including managing meetings, conference calls and trainings.
- Two or more years of web development experience using Dreamweaver or equivalent.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Dreamweaver Templates.
- Intermediate level knowledge of one or more web application server technologies (ColdFusion, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, JSP).
- Intermediate level knowledge of UNIX and LINUX.
- Intermediate level knowledge of installing and configuring J2EE application servers.
- Intermediate level knowledge of LDAP systems such as Active Directory.
- Intermediate level knowledge of FTP and WebDAV technologies.
- 3 – 5 years in a technically-related position.
- Familiarity with how to read and use documented APIs.
- In-depth troubleshooting skills with UNIX and LINUX.
- Expert level knowledge of UNIX and LINUX.
- Expert level knowledge of more than one application server technology (ColdFusion, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, JSP).
- Expert level knowledge of XML, XSL and AJAX.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL, ODBC, and basic database design and development (MS Access, Oracle or MS SQL Server).
- Intermediate level knowledge of secure technologies including HTTPS and SFTP.
- Intermediate level knowledge of JRun and deployment of WAR files.
- Intermediate level knowledge of additional Adobe products. (Fireworks, Flash).
Please contact me directly if you have any questions concerning the position. 🙂