We’re pleased to announce the availability of Adobe AIR 2 Beta on Adobe Labs. The Runtime and SDK are available for download on all supported platforms – Windows, Mac and Linux.
AIR 2 includes several highly-requested features. Some of the prominent features of AIR 2 are:
- Server sockets
- Open documents with the user’s default application
- Microphone data access
- .rpm and .deb packages for Linux
- Launch native executables
- USB mass storage device detection
- Global Error Handling
- UDP sockets
- TLS/SSL sockets
- DNS lookup
- Packaging an AIR application in a native installer
- Database transaction savepoints
- Screen reader support (Windows only)
- Printing enhancements
- Increased maximum size of NativeWindow
- Multi-touch events (Windows only)
For a detailed list of features and system requirements, please see the AIR 2 release notes.
Together with AIR 2, Flash Player 10.1 is also now available. For more details, please see the complete list of features.
As always, please let us know if you run into any issues.