In addition to a binary installer, Adobe AIR 2 is also available as .rpm and .deb installer packages on Linux.
AIR 2′s .rpm and .deb installer packages have been added to Adobe’s Yum repository and Canonical’s Lucid Partner repository, respectively.
Please visit our tech note on adobe.com for easy instructions to add Adobe’s Yum repository to your system, and effortlessly install and update Adobe AIR on RPM-based Linux distributions.
To do the same for an Ubuntu (10.4) system, please follow these steps:
Using the Command Line
1. As root, edit /etc/apt/sources.list (sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list) and add/uncomment the following lines:
deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ lucid partner
deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ lucid partner
2. Update the system’s package database with the following command:
sudo apt-get update
3. Install the adobeair with the following command:
sudo apt-get install adobeair
The same command can also be used to install updates to Adobe AIR in the future.
Using the Synaptic Package Manager UI
1. Launch System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager
2. Open Settings > Repositories
3. Under “Other Software”, check/add the following 2 lines:
http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ lucid partner (Source Code)
http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ lucid partner
4. Click Close. A dialog pops up, mentioning that repositories have changed. Close it.
5. Click Reload.
6. Search for the package “adobeair”. Mark it for installation and click Apply.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.