Adobe AIR 2 is now available for Windows, Mac and Linux on Adobe.com.
The AIR 2 release includes many new features including:
- Native Process API
- Open documents with the user’s default application
- Microphone data access
- Mass storage device detection
- Updated, faster WebKit with enhanced support for HTML5 and CSS3
- New networking support including UDP and server sockets
- Screen reader support
- Reduced CPU usage on idle
- Up to 30% reduction in memory usage without recompiling an application
- … and many more
For complete details, please see the Release notes for Adobe AIR developers.
If you would like to learn more about the new features, there’s a great article by Sarah Perez here and, as always, visit the Adobe AIR Developer Center for complete details, samples, and news.