Soundbooth CS4 Patch Available

The 2.0.1 update to Soundbooth CS4 was just released. Soundbooth 2.0.1 addresses quality issues in the initial CS4 release. I’ve listed the key fixes below.

To get the update you can go to Help>Update in Soundbooth CS4 which will run the Adobe updater. You can also download the patch directly at one of the follow links:

Fixes in Soundbooth 2.0.1 include:

• Improved stability and performance when playing and exporting video

• Resolved a problem where in some cases Adobe Flash® would not refresh the audio after ASND files were edited and resaved from Soundbooth

• Corrected a problem where clips with fade-outs would be silent after saving ASND documents

• Restored the ability to save to compressed WAV formats on Windows®

• Restored the ability to save 6-channel audio files as 6-channel WAV or AIF files
• Improved performance and reliability of Resource Central
• Improved reliability when previewing a captured noise profile
• Increased stability when performing actions like zooming, scrubbing and switching between assets during playback
• Resolved a problem where exporting video as MPEG-4 created video files that imported at the wrong length
• Resolved an issue where Soundbooth would crash when exporting a mixdown to audio-only video formats

Lawson

17 Responses to Soundbooth CS4 Patch Available

1. steve says:

2. Lawson says:

3. Corey Golden says:

How do you hear the beat while you record?

4. Lawson Hancock says:

Hi Corey,There isn’t a specific indicator of beats in the recording panel in Soundbooth. However, once you have finished recording you can view the beats in your audio file by simply selecting View>Beats. You’ll see an orange line displayed at each beat in the timeline.-Lawson

5. Mohamed Hosny says:

Want some information aboutpatching

6. Lawson Hancock says:

Hi Mohamed,There is information on how to download the Soundbooth CS4 patch in the blog post above along with the specific issues we fixed. Let me know if you have any specific questions about any of these.Regards,Lawson

7. Patrick Binder says:

hi, I use soundbooth a lot, but it crashes randomly, and I can’t understand why… I tried reinstalling it, and it said that there was an error when it finished, but I can’t fix it… can I keep it from crashing?

8. Lawson Hancock says:

Hi Patrick,Did you install the Soundbooth CS4 patch? Also please send me some more details on your system configuration and when it’s crashing so we can try and figure out what’s happening.Regards,Lawson

9. Marianne says:

Hi,I am using Soundbooth 2.0.1 on Windows XP – without any problems mostly, but recently, for no reason I can discern, I am running into problems when recording with my USB mic – with lots of ‘clips’ or drops in the recorded file (voice only, stereo) -Now I’m trying some things in my settings, and Soundbooth just stopped showing different sample rates, only is letting me pick 48000.My point is – all kinds of weird going on, and I didn’t change anything. The only thing I can think is that either the Adobe patch broke something or a corporate-pushed Windows patch broke something – Can’t find anything on the web. Am I the only one experiencing problems???

10. Lawson Hancock says:

Hi Marianne,I’m not sure why this starting happening. We haven’t heard anything regarding the Soundbooth patch to date that would account for this. Can you reply with additional details on your system including the version of XP and your audio hardware settings, etc.Regards,Lawson

11. Kevin Gallagher says:

Hi. Below is my question to you also, I like Steve would like to use Sound Booth for multitrack recording and as yet I have not found a way to record whilst listening to previously recorded tracks…is it possible yet. I am running CS4 Master Suite on Vista.Kind regards Kevinsteve | April 12, 2009 6:44 PM | ReplyHi, I am using SoundBooth and really need the ability to listen to a multi-track file while recording a new track. Without this, recording singing over guitar, for example, is very difficult. Will we be seeing this in the future?Lawson | May 28, 2009 3:59 PM | ReplyHi Steve,While I can’t comment on future release plans, I will add your request to our database which we review periodically. Thanks.Lawson

12. Lawson Hancock says:

Hi Kevin,Soundbooth is not a multitrack recording application. You can use it to record individual tracks and assemble them in the multitrack view, but if you want to record more than one track with monitoring you would need to use Audition.Regards,Lawson

13. Miriam Townsley says:

I am totally in agreement. I just can’t believe that Adobe doesn’t realise that this is an essential component of any audio program. Listening to the track or tracks you have already laid down is the only way to perform musically and make it all work together. Why can a free program like Audacity have this feature, when our school have paid the for Adobe suite (including Soundbooth), and yet we can’t do it!

14. Miriam Townsley says:

I am not sure how the licensing works, but we have the full CS4 Mastersuite at school and Soundbooth is included but Audition isn’t. I presume we need to pay extra to get Audition. I think I will try to persuade the techs to just install Audacity for no money!

15. Lawson Hancock says:

Hi Miriam,Soundbooth is not designed for recording music. It is an audio editor with basic multitrack capabilities designed for users who need to clean-up, enhance or assemble multiple audio clips for a video or Flash project.Audition is a complete audio production tool which can be used for a wide range of audio projects including recording music. You are correct that Audition is not included in the Master Collection and is sold separately. We do have education pricing available for Audition.Regards,Lawson

16. Charles says:

Hi Lawson (or other helpful Adobe friends),I hope you can help me.Soundbooth CS4 continues to crash, and it has happened under two different scenarios.1. I created a file using Soundbooth. I mixed several songs for a total length of about 20 minutes. I opened it several time to make adjustments with no problems. Each time after I would make changes, I would export the file as an MP3. Then all of a sudden I could not longer use the asnd file. Each time I would try to open it with Soundbooth, the program would crash.2. Using Premiere Elements 7.0 I created a file out of several short MOV clips. When I try to open the file (both as AVI and WMV) with Soundbooth, the program crashes.I am using version 2.0.1 Build 20090213.0786Any help is greatly appreciated.

17. Lawson Hancock says:

Hi Charles,It sounds like your media cache files or database has become corrupted.Try the following:1. Open Soundbooth and go to Edit > Preferences > Media (or on Mac “Adobe Soundbooth > Preferences > Media”).2. Under the section called “Media Cache Database”, click the “Clean” button.3. Click the button “Delete Temporary .pek files”.4. Click the button “Delete Temporary .cfa files”.5. Click OK and close and re-open Soundbooth.6. Try to open the files that were causing the crashes.If this does not work please email sndbugs@adobe.com.Regards,Lawson