Adobe Audition CS5.5: Better audio editing for Mac OS and Windows is here!

Adobe Audition is here for Mac OS and Windows!

Adobe Audition is here for Mac OS and Windows!

Live from NAB: It’s Adobe Audition for Mac and Windows! With completely rewritten code, Adobe Audition CS5.5 doesn’t just bring its legendary audio editing power to the Mac for the first time—it supersizes it. Both Mac and PC users gain substantially faster performance, and a whole pile of audio editing improvements, including:

• improved roundtrip editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
  • new audio sweetening and restoration effects
  • native 5.1 surround mixing and editing
  • more flexible and powerful effects workflows

Visit this page to see all the new and enhanced audio editing features of Adobe Audition CS5.5.

Available as a stand-alone app or as an integral part of Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium and Master Collection, Adobe Audition is designed to provide smooth and efficient audio editing workflows with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Flash. Learn more about integration with Adobe Premiere Pro by watching this video.

The Adobe Audition Team is at NAB in Las Vegas this week; stop by to learn more about the new features in Adobe Audition CS5.5 and the rest of the Creative Suite apps. Keep up with daily Adobe Audition news on Facebook and Twitter, and if you’re going to be tweeting about Adobe news at NAB, use #AdobeNAB to join the conversation.

11 Responses to Adobe Audition CS5.5: Better audio editing for Mac OS and Windows is here!

1. carol au says:

Excellent! It solved most of my problem in audio making! I wish Audition can integrated in CS5.5 or 6 (Mac) in future and help everyone make excellent audio and video.

2. João Pires says:

Finally! The best audio editing program is available for Mac. I have been waiting for this for a long time!

3. willie uce says:

thanks

4. Theo Boekel says:

I too have been looking forward to Audition for Mac. I have downloaded the trial versio CS5 but so far I am disappointed. My main problem is that it is sluggish, particularly when it comes to zooming in and out. For the work I do, short soundbite editing it is absolutely essential that it performs quickly and dos not freeze.
    I use a Mac Pro with 2 fast hard drives 6 gb ram. I have also tried it on my IMac at home same result! Surely there is an answer?

Looking forward to help and suggestions.

Kind regards, Theo Boekel
    Echo Radio _ New Zealand

• Steve Lamb says:

Ever find a solution?

I’ve been using Audition since it was Syntrilium’s “Cool Edit” -circa 1999, so you can imagine the processors I used as DAW’s I too occasionaly notice sluggishnes when zoomed in, even now with a quad core and 8gigs of RAM. Never figured out if there was a cure, but there has to be… Please post if you’ve discovered how.

• Steve Lamb says:

Well, Ok decided to up my Wave Cach under system preferences to 1024 Mb. Problem solved. The lag was caused by swapping out to disk.
        The max recomendation of 32mb was for systems meeting the minimum requiremnet of 512MB RAM. -My guess. That’s just not rational when you have 6 or 8GB installed. IMHO
        ;-)

5. akbar Hoosain says:

at last my dream come true waiting so long using the trial version was excellent on my mac will buy the complete version thanks adobe team

6. Stefan says:

Can someone please help me i have problem with lag, and recording and playback please help!!!

7. Stefan says:

Its delay and a little lag