Get a sneak peek at Adobe Audition CS6!

The Audition team has been hard at work on upcoming Adobe Audition CS6 and we’re very happy to give you an early, first look!

We give you a glimpse at a couple of great new & improved features:

• Automatic Speech Alignment:  Designed to align overdub dialogue quickly with existing production audio, the new automatic speech alignment feature does much more than merely align initial transients. When used on overdubbed dialogue, Adobe Audition analyzes the frequency spectrum involved as well as the waveforms, so each word of a dialogue clip is matched to its counterpart in the production audio—the real power is a new algorithm to provide alignment of noisy location audio to reduce mis-alignment. If you have ever worked with ADR or overdubbing, you know that this is a time consuming task and our goal was to provide a powerful tool to help make it a little easier. There’s no replacement for the skill and craft involved in professional ADR, but if you have an overdub performance which matches the location audio’s wording and phrasing, but the timing is off for lip sync, the new automatic speech alignment can help. Where you might normally perform a “stretch” on the audio to fit the timing, or be forced to do lots of editing/compositing to line up each word or phrase, automatic speech alignment can help you get good results quickly.
  • Clip Grouping:  Yes, it’s back and better than ever. Group contiguous or discontiguous clips in a single track, or across multiple tracks in the Multitrack Editor. Grouping is as easy as selecting all the clips you want; clips in the new group take on a new group color which is configurable in the properties panel. Of course, all of the shortcuts keys for grouping are back just as they were before. Perform a variety of operations on the clips in the group at one time. Easily suspend groupings to make edits to individual groups, and then quickly reapply the grouping without having to remember which clips were in the group, a very powerful editing feature. Also, easily remove or add clips without being forced ungroup and re-group operations. The new & improved clip grouping is more powerful than ever before.

Head to AdobeTV to get a first look at Adobe Audition CS6, automatic speech alignment and clip grouping: http://adobe.ly/H1hDCa

Thanks and see you soon!

26 Responses to Get a sneak peek at Adobe Audition CS6!

1. Pat Murphy says:

2. xpclient says:

Will Audition CS6 run on Windows XP?

3. David Bucci says:

Yes, they need to get MIDI control into Audition. That seems to be one very important feature that people in the industry say is lacking in order for this to compete on a even playing field with the other players.

• Colin Stefani says:

Hi David – When you are saying “midi” control, are you referring to MIDI sequencing? or hardware controllers like Mackie MCU or similar for doing fader/transport/etc using write/touch/latch automation (those devices use control signals over MIDI)? Thanks – Colin

4. OK .. WHAT ABOUT MUSIC .. If Adobe DOES not address MUsic features like , Quantize to tempo , functioning and workable Midi and midi editor , more stable Re-Wire , vst support , vsti support and direct – x. A dynamic and editable tempo kinda like pro tools would be nice as well .. Bring back ALL the menus with a right click on a track like in 3.0 .. If not buying this .. Im dumping Audition since being a user since CEP 1.2 .. Video Support is awesome but MUSIC editing is What adobe does best ..

5. Another Idea to add to Audition Before its released unfinished again would be to be able to route effects out for a LOW latency live performance ..

6. I think that the more law enforcement folks get used to Audition, the more they’ll love it. I can’t wait to try this with body wire/body-worn matching for field operations.

7. Midi Controller says:

Will there be any midi controller support? I’ve been waiting for it for the longest!

8. Andre says:

How about a way to use markers in multitrack mode?

9. Mark says:

VSTi, MIDI sequencing are extremely important yet appear to be missing. Audition is supposed to be an audio multitracking application for musicians and sound designers, but instead it seems to have turned into the gimpy limb of a video editing application.

10. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD i’m excited. Midi control, hopefully?

11. steve s says:

I agree with Mark.

Oh well, I just use AA as an editor. Between AA, Reaper, RX2, and Ozone, and Komplete, I can accomplish what I have to…too bad AA is losing its musical focus…Pro Tools or Samplitude isn’t in my future, nor is Wavelab…

12. Alain Mazy says:

Adobe Audition is the best audio editor for production, post prod and mastering. It’s better for Sound illustration etc.. But it’s not oriented compositing !! (midi, VSTi, DXi, Rewire, etc..).

What a shame!, If Adobe implement this feautures, Audition will be the best DAW !! And with Porduction Suite, Adobe its Best DMW !! (Digital Multimedia WorkStation). :)

• Alain Mazy says:

It is inconceivable to the soundtrack of the video without having the ability to compose .. with virtual instruments, synths 3er parties and a master keyboard parts.

It is imperative to reinstate these features, like Audition 3.0

13. Alain Mazy says:

Adobe should buy Studio One!! same spirit .. but with midi composition.. :) :)

14. AudioTiger says:

I can’t believe they killed the MIDI sequencer and VSTi support from previous versions!!!

AA is turning into a pure audio editor for those who work with Premiere. This way they are losing the enormous market of people who make music… And this lack of vision towards the markert, amezes me, coming form Adobe…

Just a decent MIDI sequencer and proper VSTi support and the user target will instantly double (or more)…

15. Brian says:

I too would love to see Adobe Audition be a complete production solution by adding midi sequencing and composition support to rival Pro Tools. Adobe could lure more of the professional video production market by doing so.

16. Dan says:

Hi there! It’s nice to see Adobe Audition still in the game! Could please someone tell me is the new version CS6 supporting Re-Wire mode? I know A.A. 1.5 had it, so I was wondering what’s the story now, if that option is still available? I’m curios because I’m considering to buy new version. Thanks in front and farewell!

17. jose meza says:

uso este programa desde que era cool edit .y me sorprende que este mas sofisticado no tenga la pre escucha de insertar archivo en la sesion como tampoco la funcion REWIRE…….solo me gustaria saberpor que cual es la idea ?????????????GRACIAS

18. Bill Ward says:

I’m in the process of examining VST instruments that work with Audition 3.0 which I guess I’m stuck with since Adobe has lost its mind and left MIDI and VST out of CS6! This is truly beyond belief! Why would I upgrade to downgrade at the same time? I’m an old CoolEdit Pro guy and there has never been a cleaner and more sensible interface for recording in Windows. I loved the 3.0 upgrade but now, please save Audition, don’t kill it! I’m too old to learn something else.

19. Moi! says:

NO MIDI with Audition 6????????? wtf? Come on. A ‘soundtrack’ anything without MIDI is like an icecream cone without the cone – or anything else to contain it in as it melts away! Sheesh! GET IT BACK IN ASAP!

20. Josh P says:

I love everything about Audition EXCEPT I have to use Pro Tools 10 for MIDI instruments. This is the only drawback. What happens when the movie, video, or song I’m editing needs some more instrumentation or I don’t like the chord progression when i’m doing my final checks? Major oversight. I think Audition is superior in every other way.

21. Randall Arnold says:

Useless for me without midi tracks.

22. Crauford Thomson says:

Hi

Is the any intention of bringing a midi sequencer back into Audition. If not it would be good to know so that I can plan my exit from Adobe Audition. The other solution that would work for me is if I could lock Finale and Audition together and rout the out put of Finale through Addition within the one computer. That way I could use my two favorite software programs together . I’m I missing something is this possible with any sequencer or notation software and Audition?

Crauford