Back by popular demand, CD Burning has been re-introduced in Adobe Audition CS6. As many of you know, CD Burning workflows found in Audition 3 and earlier were not implemented in the first cross-platform version of Audition and we heard your reaction to that loud and clear. Because of the continued popularity of this feature and the extremely large number of customer requests, the team worked hard to re-implement CD Burning for this release.
Users familiar with the CD list view in earlier (Windows-only) versions of Audition will find the new implementation very familiar. Audition CS6 allows for the creation of CD layouts for organization of audio tracks with the ability to save these layouts into our .cdlx file type. Just like Multitrack Session files, Audition CS6 also allows users to open and work with more than one CD Layout at a time if desired.
Other components of the new CD Burning feature include the ability to treat CD Track marker ranges as CD tracks in the layout, deep support for the creation of CD-Text, ability to create more than one copy at a time and the NEW ability to burn audio directly from the Waveform Editor. This enables users to create quick edits and burn a waveform direct to CD in those cases where a full CD layout would not be required.
Here’s a deeper list of what you can expect from the CD Burning workflows added to Adobe Audition CS6:
- CD Layout support which includes a way to organize CD tracks and save them to our .cdlx format. CD Layouts can include any audio format Audition can import including selections of audio within a CD Track marker range.
- New “CD Track” marker type to automatically snap selections of audio to 75fps for CD.
- Preference to change the default pause between CD tracks.
- Enhanced Properties Panel layout which includes a CD Text section for easy insertion of metadata for the CD.
- Additional export command for “Burn Audio to CD” which allows for direct burning of a single audio file from the Waveform Editor. If the audio file contains CD Track marker ranges we will also automatically burn each marker range as a different track on the CD.
- The Burn Audio dialog includes the ability to test or burn, set speed options, choose the number of copies to create and an optional steps of final verification or ejection when complete.
So for those who pushed hard for the team to bring back CD Burning and make it available for Windows and Mac, Audition CS6 has what you need. For those who have asked for even more improvements to the feature over the years, we think you’ll find that the workflows have improved to allow more flexibility and control as well.