Adobe TV now hosts the full MAX 2008 session about Agile Testing of Enterprise RIAs with Flex and LiveCycle ES from Herve Dupriez and me. Herve talks about the LCES part and I about Flex.
This presentation focuses on how your architectural design could look like to make agile testing feasible and efficient. It’s explaining principles we’ve been following at projects that can make Test Driven Development of RIAs a reality.
It also touches upon code coverage tooling available for Flex and its recommended usage. Checkout Flexcover, the open source code coverage tool. Flexcover was created by Joe Berkovitz and some months ago I joined his efforts after I developed an internal tool that followed another approach using only Flash Player APIs. Joe’s approach is actually customizing the open source Flex compiler and can therefore achieve object code branch coverage. Join the Flexcover project to keep it going!
During the presentation I’ve mentioned further information about IoC frameworks that my collegue Ed Eustace already put online. Also, Michael Labriola’s presentation at MAX 08 “Testing Flex Applications” spend more time comparing different testing tools. This is not online at Adobe TV yet, but upcoming.
Also check out the presentations from my other colleagues at Adobe Professional Services:
- RIA Development with Cairngorm – Tips from the Experts
from Peter Martin and Eric Garza
- Architectural Best Practices for Flex and LiveCycle ES Application from Steven Webster and Tunde Turner
- Television on AIR – Creating Custom Media Player Experiences from Xavi Beumala Segura, John Bennett Kyle Glossy and Mark Hirsch
- Delivering Collaborative Apps with AIR and LiveCycle Data Services from Alistair McLeod and Xavier Agnetti
- Lazy Innovation: Strategy for the Design of Innovative User Experiences from George Neill and Jerome Doran