Scott Belsky, Co-Founder & Head of Behance, VP – Product-Community, Adobe
We became part of the Adobe family a few months ago. While we have a lot of new acronyms and systems to learn, we’ve been pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome and bounty of ideas from across the company. There is also a strong desire to better understand the creative community’s needs, take a more design-centric approach to product, and support the creative process in new ways. Adobe reaches millions of creative people around the world every day, and our team at Behance has the opportunity to help connect the creative world throughout the creative process. We feel at home, and now we’ve got a lot of work to do!
In the year ahead, here’s what you can expect from our team at Behance:
- The Behance platform is going to get a lot better, faster, and offer even more exposure for your work. We have a full roadmap of improvements and features that help you connect with your peers and with career opportunity. We’re excited.
- We will start integrating some of Behance’s best community features into Adobe tools. Want feedback? Adding new work to your portfolio? We want to make this more efficient and more integrated into your everyday workflow. Stay tuned for updates in May!
- We have grand plans for ProSite – and other “Pro” features – that will make Behance a more powerful utility for creative careers. We’ve got a long list of enhancements and features that will bring online portfolios to a whole new level.
We are also working closely with our new colleagues at Adobe to make the “Creative Cloud” offering more integrated into our everyday workflow. For those of you that don’t know, Creative Cloud is a subscription service for all of Adobe’s creative applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and the list goes on…) for a low monthly fee. Creative Cloud also keeps your applications up-to-date with frequent updates and new features as they are ready (no more waiting 16+ months for the latest and greatest). But the vision for Creative Cloud is about much more than the apps themselves. Ultimately, the service should make the entire creative process more seamless and collaborative. The roadmap ahead is amazing, and we hope to share updates in a few months.
Over time, we also want to offer some of the best benefits of Behance as part of Adobe’s Creative Cloud service. Starting today, ProSite (normally $99/year) will be available at no additional cost for Creative Cloud paid members. For those of you that don’t know, ProSite transforms your public Behance portfolio into a fully customized personal portfolio site with your own URL. You can design an incredible portfolio site that stays in sync with your projects on Behance, increasing your efficiency and helping your work get more exposure from Behance’s 18+ Million visitors every month.
If you’re ready to get started building and customizing your Behance ProSite, just a few quick steps:
- Login and go to the Apps page on creative.adobe.com
- Find the ProSite icon under “Other Services” and click on the “Get Started” link
- You’ll be brought to the ProSite welcome page on Behance, where you can either log in or sign up for Behance to build your portfolio and launch your ProSite when you’re ready
We will be offering additional “Pro” features over the coming year, and these will also be made available to all Creative Cloud paid members. If you want to learn more about the Creative Cloud offering, visit http://creative.adobe.com.
Needless to say, this is just the beginning… Our team at Behance is working on some of the most exciting projects of our professional lives right now. We can’t wait to show you.
Scott & Behance Team