Robot makers, 3D Printers, lighting designers, toy and gadget makers – if you’re a “maker” of any sort – we invite you to take part in a new initiative on Stackexchange – a Q&A site for the maker community. It seeks to address two major concerns in the world of Makers: knowledge sharing and attribution. This is just the beginning of the creation of a unified and empowered space for Makers.
Join the Beta:
- Go to the StackExchange maker community proposal.
- If you have an account on Stack Overflow, or any other Stack Exchange site, you should be logged in automatically, but if you aren’t, be sure to click “log in” at the top of the page, so you don’t create a second account.
- If you don’t have an existing Stack Exchange account, (or do, and have logged in), click the “Commit” button to the left of the description
- Fill out the fields in the commit box that pops up. Be sure to use an email you can access; you’ll need to be able to open a confirmation email.
- Once you commit, you’ll be given a link you can use to invite other experts – feel free to share with anyone you think can contribute to the community.
- Important: Go to your email and click the confirmation link.