- Language features
- Runtime features.
Language features are features like classes and inheritance while runtime features refer to Flash Runtime and browser features like Sprite and Element.
as, class, const, extends, implements, import, internal,is, native, package, private, protected, public, super,use, void, get, set, namespace, include, dynamic, final,override, static.
- classes, inheritance, interfaces, constructors
- default parameters
- packages, namespaces
- variables: const, static types
- data types: int, uint, Vector.<T>
- for .. each
- E4X (ECMA-357)
- weak links (see Dictionary, EventDispatcher.addEventListener)
Features that are different:
- meaning of “this” in methods
- core class APIs: Error, Date.
Finally, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent the position, views or opinions of Adobe. My code examples are presented on an “as-is” basis, without warranties or conditions of any kind, and are primarily intended for illustration purposes.
Now that we got that out of the way let’s move on to more fun stuff like Classes, Inheritance, and Interfaces!