Lightroom has excellent Flash web gallery generation and built-in FTP upload capabilities, but if you use one of the many web services that are out there you may be wondering how to get your photos on the web. Up until last week i was wondering the same thing. Luckily, there is a solution, which came by way of Tom Hogarty, PM for Lightroom.
The solution is to add an uploader executable into the Export Actions folder. Most of the major services (Flickr, Smugmug, etc) have client uploader mechanisms.
I personally use Smugmug and i found a client uploader which worked like a charm. Here’s the steps:
1) Place your executable uploader into C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Export Actions
NOTE: i created an alias from my original location and pasted into the export actions folder.
(sorry, don’t know what the path is on Mac)
2) In LR, select the images you want to upload
3) File > Export Photos
4) Select an existing preset that outouts in to web file sizes (I already had an Export For Web preset that i used previously)
5) In the post processing popup should now be a shortcut to the uploader exe – select it
6) Go back up to the preset popup Save As New Preset – give it a name
7) Now when you click Export it will generate the files and add them to the uploader application ready for upload.